No announcement yet.

Could Floyd's come forward aggressive style backfire against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
    In recent fights Floyd has gone to a style where he is more aggressive and coming forward with his hands up high. He blocks and counter punches from that position. He did it against Mosley and Ortiz. Do you think he will use this style against Pac?

Marquez had success by taking a couple of steps backwards while Pac charged inside and countered Pac. Im not so sure Floyd wants to copy that style and move backwards.

It seems Floyd is more willing to be macho and take the fight to the opponent and prove a point. Could that backfire?
    Marquez also had success leading against Pacquiao, he wasn't just countering all night. To answer your question though, yes. There will be a risk involved in Mayweather attempting to walk Pacquiao down ala Judah, Ortiz, ect. While Marquez did have success leading against Pacquiao and beating him to the punch at times, Pacquiao had some success countering Marquez. I actually think that Pacquiao's ability to counter is underrated. He was catching Marquez coming in a times. There will be an adjustment period for Mayweather regarding Pacquiao's speed/awkwardness, and imo that will be Pacquiao's best chance to hurt Mayweather. Once Mayweather adjusts though, it's a boxing lesson imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
      well, the post was a reply to mayweather being able to adjust on the fly, so, you might've missed my point, lol
      Your point was that Mayweather didn't adjust in a fight where he didn't have to, according to you. Solid.

Comment

Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
        In recent fights Floyd has gone to a style where he is more aggressive and coming forward with his hands up high. He blocks and counter punches from that position. He did it against Mosley and Ortiz. Do you think he will use this style against Pac?

Marquez had success by taking a couple of steps backwards while Pac charged inside and countered Pac. Im not so sure Floyd wants to copy that style and move backwards.

It seems Floyd is more willing to be macho and take the fight to the opponent and prove a point. Could that backfire?

Yes, but it's a double edged sword, if he can back Manny up it will help him as Manny can't fight backing up....see Morales fight as evidence.

Comment

lol, judah threw punches in the latter part of the fight? i dont know, when he switched off i kind of switched off too, got boring, he would barely move anymore and just stand there as mayweather raked his body with hooks
          he was done in the latter half, although im sure if i go back i can find a couple of punches that he landed, even despite his very low output

P.S zab got frustrated because he was tired and getting his ass whooped

LOL clearly you were pulling for Zab in that fight. Whoever Mayweather fights you guys root for! Just like in the Mosley fight, as soon as Mayweather's opponent starts losing you guys discredit the guy. Mayweather adjusted to Zab's straight left just like Marquez adjusted to Pacquiao's straight left.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Your point was that Mayweather didn't adjust in a fight where he didn't have to, according to you. Solid.
            well an adjustment wouldn't have hurt, you know, to avoid the lefts, stop zab from getting away to his left and turning him, but i guess he had stuck to the gameplan which was probabley to expect judah to break down and turn into a punching back

it would be impressive, if he didn't fight that way against every southpaw...well, except the ortiz fight, ortiz's strenght and size was hard to move, albiet still plenty of similarities

Comment

If Floyd comes to Pacquiao he will end up getting his a** kocked the **** OUT just like Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                LOL clearly you were pulling for Zab in that fight. Whoever Mayweather fights you guys root for! Just like in the Mosley fight, as soon as Mayweather's opponent starts losing you guys discredit the guy. Mayweather adjusted to Zab's straight left just like Marquez adjusted to Pacquiao's straight left.
                i started watching boxing in 2007 i think, so no, i was a casual back then, i dont even like zab, and i was rooting for floyd in the mosley and ortiz fight, the marquez fight i didn't care for, i knew floyd would win

Comment

well an adjustment wouldn't have hurt, you know, to avoid the lefts, stop zab from getting away to his left and turning him, but i guess he had stuck to the gameplan which was probabley to expect judah to break down and turn into a punching back

it would be impressive, if he didn't fight that way against every southpaw...well, except the ortiz fight, ortiz's strenght and size was hard to move, albiet still plenty of similarities
                  An adjustment wouldn't have hurt? How many lefts did Zab land on Floyd's grill over the last eight rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    An adjustment wouldn't have hurt? How many lefts did Zab land on Floyd's grill over the last eight rounds?
                    Zab just couldn't miss with his left.

He landed it clean a whole 3 or 4 times in a 4 round span.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Zab just couldn't miss with his left.

He landed it clean a whole 3 or 4 times in a 4 round span.

Comment

Working...
                      X