Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LacedUp: You want some sort of signature bet if you're backing Fury to win? Maybe we can work out some other parameter like how long ze fight lasts. Let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
      Who's the sparring partner? Slapping about cab drivers in sparring means nothing.
      Exactly, good post. Watch the sparring partner instead of Wlad...LOOK at the movement, the speed of foot, the leaning back and evading; just like Fury! Klitschko GOT DIS!

Said no one ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
        The Cotto fight attracts more women, it's clear their are more men on the site to women, hence why their is more replies on this thread.
        Or the more likely reason, this thread has been around a long time and was created before Cotto-Canelo.

Wladimir might well look a million dollars in sparring, but when the bell rings on fight night, he'll revert to type and attempt to stink up the place as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
          Some posters say that Wladimir Klitschko is less multidimensional than Fury. And he is.

I would however point out that he doesn't have only one kind of jab ; one-two; leading right hand ; left hook.

Klitschko has polished his skillset to a the degree of excellency. The way he carries out his punches is, indeed, a lot more multidimensional than what people think.

Don't bee fooled by his style. He doesn't commit until he feels the need to. The Pulev fight is an excellent example : he had a hard dealing with Pulev's jab and he set up a different gameplan just 30 seconds after the beginning of the fight ( and getting rocked by a hard counter 3/4jab-1/4 left hook) and battered Pulev.

Klitschko is more of an adapter than what you think.

I think that when fighting such an unorthodox as Fury is you should first break him down tactically not thinking about the angles he is giving you but you should think of him as a " body mass" that has breaches in its defense and then focus on the angles he is giving you in order to put your punches together.
          "3/4 jab-1/4 left hook" LMFAO.

Kill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
            Or the more likely reason, this thread has been around a long time and was created before Cotto-Canelo.

Wladimir might well look a million dollars in sparring, but when the bell rings on fight night, he'll revert to type and attempt to stink up the place as usual.
            What is Fury's revert to type default setting ? I could have swore he resorted to cheating to get past pillow fisted Cunningham, does he have another type he reverts to ?

As I was saying about irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Oh sorry, he threw one body punch in 10 years. my mistake
              You're amusing but not funny, left unchecked you'd rewrite history, like those deniers of the holocaust.

Comment

What is it that Johnson does that makes him awkward ? He has no offence, you can literally do as you please to him for 36 minutes. I fail to see what is awkward about a punching bag aside from unless you hammer him like you're intent on punching yourself out in a round or two you're not getting him out of there. He has an awkward defence, is that it ? Anybody can shell up for 12 rounds if they are in the least bit durable.

Are we saying Fury did a better number on him ? I don't recall Fury goading him at any point actually attempting to induce him out of his shell, he looked more at ease knowing nothing was coming back, likely the reason he's matched against non punchers. How many rounds did Johnson win versus Fury and how many versus Klitschko ? Fury may have an higher activity than the forty year old Vitali but his punches clearly weren't as troubling to Johnson.
                Yeah he has an awkward defense and a solid jab. He's a tricky heavyweight to deal with as we saw with Vitali. He was hardly a punching bag as you describe him then. And no, not everybody can shell up.

Yes, Fury had a more impressive outing against Johnson than Vitali did. Both fighters won every round, but the manner in which Fury out jabbed him and outworked him on the inside and outside was more impressive than Vitali who felt him out for a long time of the fight. In fact, almost the entire fight.

Well, Johnson said Fury punched harder than Vitali so I'm not sure.

But yeah, as we see, you can't really discuss the Klitschko's without getting into uber defense mode, it's like discussing with a woman in all honesty.

Comment

You're amusing but not funny, left unchecked you'd rewrite history, like those deniers of the holocaust.
                  Because of one punch to the solar plexus?

Mate, you have some serious womanly issues you need to deal with when it comes to the Klitschko brothers. Everybody knows Klitschko isn't a bodypuncher. He was never a good body puncher, but he did use to throw them more about 10 years ago.

Yet, here you are comparing it to the holocaust because you can't stand the thought of your boyhood hero not being completely perfect in every department Which of course he definitely isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Because of one punch to the solar plexus?

Mate, you have some serious womanly issues you need to deal with when it comes to the Klitschko brothers. Everybody knows Klitschko isn't a bodypuncher. He was never a good body puncher, but he did use to throw them more about 10 years ago.

Yet, here you are comparing it to the holocaust because you can't stand the thought of your boyhood hero not being completely perfect in every department Which of course he definitely isn't.
                    1 minute and 10 seconds into the 4th round of the Poolev fight, Wlad threw a soft left jab to the chest

Holocaust doe

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      LacedUp: You want some sort of signature bet if you're backing Fury to win? Maybe we can work out some other parameter like how long ze fight lasts. Let me know.
                      I think Klitschko will eventually win on points probably. But I think Fury will go out of the ring with a stock increased and having given Klitschko the best fight he's had in years.

He's looked old in his last couple of fights imo especially Jennings, but also Pulev.

I think Fury will give him trouble, but I'm not convinced he'll win. But I think he could. I don't think it's necessarily a bad stylistic match up for Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X