No announcement yet.

Question about the Khan - Peterson decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Khan - Peterson decision

Why was this never turned into a NC? Peterson openly admitted that he took the **** for the first fight too. When Salido tested positive for the Guerrero fight it was turned into a NC even tho he retested and it was negative. Whether Peterson was attempting to cheat is not the point (which I think he was) but you gotta be responsible for your own actions and if he "forgot" inform the testers he was under any treatment that's his own fault. Thoughts?

He passed all of the required testing that was in the contract for the December fight. That's probably the main reason why the decision stands.

Comment

I ask my self that same question. Peterson got stripped also if a remember correctly

Comment

Probably since Peterson didn't test positive for anything before that fight. They should change it since Peterson admitted to taking the same stuff. If its illegal for one fight, its illegal for another.

Comment

They never overturned Mosley vs. De La Hoya either when he admitted under oath that he was on PEDs. Similar situation here.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            He passed all of the required testing that was in the contract for the December fight. That's probably the main reason why the decision stands.
            But he admitted he was dirty.
            Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
            I ask my self that same question. Peterson got stripped also if a remember correctly
            He got stripped of one belt. The other sanctioning body didn't feel he was guilty and I guess the DC commission felt the same way which is bs.
            Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Probably since Peterson didn't test positive for anything before that fight. They should change it since Peterson admitted to taking the same stuff. If its illegal for one fight, its illegal for another.
            Exactly...
            Originally posted by PBP View Post
            They never overturned Mosley vs. De La Hoya either when he admitted under oath that he was on PEDs. Similar situation here.
            Hmmm double standards all around boxing. From the fans to the commissions to the sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Peterson did not test positive for their fight,not to mention what Peterson took did not really give him an edge and would have been aloud if Peterson would have just told someone that he was being treated for low testosterone...Those two things I believe is why it was not change and why Peterson was not striped..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Peterson did not test positive for their fight,not to mention what Peterson took did not really give him an edge and would have been aloud if Peterson would have just told someone that he was being treated for low testosterone...Those two things I believe is why it was not change and why Peterson was not striped..
                right...........

Comment

The whole story was BS how on earth does an athlete ripped to the bone like Peterson have testosterone levels of an old person? If his levels were that low he would not be fighting that's a fact. He's a cheat who got away without even being banned its disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Have you been keeping up with the Te'o story? Do you believe him? Te'o's interview from 2012 and the stuff he has said since then makes him sound like a liar. The same way Peterson sounds by saying he "forgot" and not to mention that phony ass doctor's letter that he got.

Like I said, whether his intentions were to cheat or not he should be responsible for his own actions like a grown ass man. He fked up and should've been stripped of BOTH belts plus the decision should've been turned to a NC. Shows how much of a difference it makes fighting at home or not. The crowd, the commission, the ref, the judges... you name it. Then people wonder why others hate fighters like Ward and Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                    X