Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Margarito will drop WBO title to avoid Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I feel Williams is due his shot at Margarito, the fact is Margarito is not a real champion, only Mayweather is; and Cotto is in the upper eschelon of 147 lbers too. So, Margarito-Cotto is only logical to determine an eventual challenger for Mayweather after he gets by old man Oscar. There are still plenty of welters out there for Williams to face to continue to sharpen his skills and if he wants the WBO trinket that bad, he can face whoever's number 2 in that sanctioning body's ranks and win the worthless piece of imitation leather while Margarito challenges for another.

Cotto-Margarito just makes more sense than Margarito-Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBF34 View Post
      Be serious BPP.
      Your Mayweather bashing is getting a little old.
      The magnitude of the two fights are simply not comparable.
      depends how ya look at it
      DLH-PBF is one of those fights
      that just came too late and at the wrong weight
      its not gonna be what everyones expecten
      like tyson-lewis
      but its for the history books
      its about legacy right?

now cotto-marg
      thats for now
      thats not for stayin in the lamelight
      its for taken centerstage
      these are two rising guns fighten to become boxings next face
      two fighters in their prime pitted against one n other for a chance to prove theyre that weights champ
      plus add the always conbustable element of MEXICO VS PUERTO RICO

put it this way
      if i could only see one
      its come down to
      do i wanna see the names and reputations of fighters no longer at their best
      or do i wanna see two guys at thier best fighten for their names and reputations

Comment

• Originally posted by SiN View Post
        He chose a bigger fight over Margarito (Baldomir). Margarito is choosing to sit on his ass for 7 months rather than fight Williams. Huge difference. How can you even defend Margarito's actions when you were one of the biggest haters when Floyd decided not to fight Margarito?
        Mayweather had 8 millions dollars to gain from fighting Margarito.

What does Margarito gain from fighitng Williams? Surely not 8 million dollars!

Thats the biggest difference between these two similar but differnt situation.

Floyd was being offered 8 million to fight Margarito.

Margarito ain't being offered 8 milllion to fight Wiliams. In fact its Williams who thinks he's going to get rich by fighting Margarito.

The day Margarito turns down 8 million dollars to fight Williams is the day, i'll say Margarito is ducking Williams.

I've said it for a long time, Williams is a step back for Margarito.

Comment

• Originally posted by ferocity View Post

Margarito ain't being offered 8 milllion to fight Wiliams. In fact its Williams who thinks he's going to get rich by fighting Margarito.

The day Margarito turns down 8 million dollars to fight Williams is the day, i'll say Margarito is ducking Williams.

I thought Margarito was a true Mexican warrior and it wasn't about the money?

Comment

Floyd made $8 million fighting Baldomir who was more well known than Margarito with wins over Judah and Gatti. That money **** doesn't work anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayweather90 View Post
              Floyd made $8 million fighting Baldomir who was more well known than Margarito with wins over Judah and Gatti. That money **** doesn't work anymore.
              Well, Margarito is turning down less money for a fight worth more money. Isn't that what Floyd did to get DLH? DLH will be Floyd's biggest payday and Cotto will be Margarito's...

Comment

I was about to say the same exact ****. Tony should just fight Williams.. If he thinks he could beat him, and his fans sure think he can beat him why won't he just fight him? It is for a belt right? It ain't about money for Margarito. It's about fighting the best. Williams is not best but he sure is in the way. Im pretty sure if Tony beats Williams alot of people will think of Tony as unstoppable. Don't drop the ****ing belt Tony. Just fight your mandatory like everyone else. Have a fight before you step in with Cotto. It's for his own good.

Comment

Im tired of you chiken ****s useing the name Mexican in vein, did some Mexican rape your ass in jail, ****en ****, you scared ****ers can't get off with out saying Mexican followed by some ***** as comment. If you have a problem with some Mexican kid in your life, tell him to leave you alone. ****, every thread I read people be talking **** about Mexicans, **** I knew we were some bad mother****ers but damn, you ****ers make us seem like we harrass everybody in every state, city and county, go **** yourself.

Get this through your head, Williams doesn't bring an 8 milliion dollar paycheck that Margarito brought to the table against Mayweather. This alone is a huge differnce. And its Arum who makes the decicions not Margarito.

You got Williams who made a name off of Margarito off of a ****en sparring session.

And if Arum does meet with Goosen to make the fight, you better hope that the ****en gaint doesn't think he deserves millions, when Margarito hasn't even made a million.

Comment

Im tired of you chiken ****s useing the name Mexican in vein, did some Mexican rape your ass in jail, ****en ****, you scared ****ers can't get off with out saying Mexican followed by some ***** as comment. If you have a problem with some Mexican kid in your life, tell him to leave you alone. ****, every thread I read people be talking **** about Mexicans, **** I knew we were some bad mother****ers but damn, you ****ers make us seem like we harrass everybody in every state, city and county, go **** yourself.

Get this through your head, Williams doesn't bring an 8 milliion dollar paycheck that Margarito brought to the table against Mayweather. This alone is a huge differnce. And its Arum who makes the decicions not Margarito.

You got Williams who made a name off of Margarito off of a ****en sparring session.

And if Arum does meet with Goosen to make the fight, you better hope that the ****en gaint doesn't think he deserves millions, when Margarito hasn't even made a million.
                    For one, I'm Mexican too but I don't jump on the nuts of fighters because of their nationality.

Now stop being like your boy Margarito because you're ducking my question. If Margarito is a true warrior and it's not about the money, why is he avoiding Paul Williams?

Comment

• Out of all the fighters.. Ever Tony fan thinks that Tony would beat Mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X