Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else hate that blue spotlight HBO uses during PPV's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else hate that blue spotlight HBO uses during PPV's?

Anyone else hate that blue spotlight HBO uses to cover the crowd? I personally think they should leave the crowd as is. I was just re-watching Cotto-Margarito the other day and it's a lot better when you can see the crowd standing and applauding during exchanges.

I really hope the production team doesn't use the blue spotlight for the upcoming Cotto-Margarito rematch at MSG. Apparently, 18,000 tickets have been sold and it's going to be a packed house, and we all know the crowd is going to be rowdy, we don't need HBO covering that up.

The blue light makes every fight seem like it's taking place at Cowboy stadium. Anyways, thoughts? And sorry guys, I'd post pics but I don't have enough posts yet.
    Last edited by Dilly5; 11-24-2011, 06:38 PM.

I dont really notice it tbh.

But I do feel like it adds a lot more depth when they pan the camera on the really excited fans going crazy and cheering and making chants.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly5 View Post
      Anyone else hate that blue spotlight HBO uses to cover the crowd? I personally think they should leave the crowd as is. I was just re-watching Cotto-Margarito the other day and it's a lot better when you can see the crowd standing and applauding during exchanges. Look

I really hope the production team doesn't use the blue spotlight for the upcoming Cotto-Margarito rematch at MSG. Apparently, 18,000 tickets have been sold and it's going to be a packed house, and we all know the crowd is going to be rowdy, we don't need HBO covering that up.

The blue light makes every fight seem like it's taking place at Cowboy stadium. Anyways, thoughts? And sorry guys, I'd post pics but I don't have enough posts yet.
      So post some more. I read you at DHB.

Comment

Isnt that a Top Rank thing? not HBO.

Comment

I don't think that's HBO. I remember seeing the crowd very clearly during Mayweather-Mosley on IMAX. After Shane landed that big right hand, I remember I had my eyes on Mariah Carey, who was on her feet, the rest of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
            Isnt that a Top Rank thing? not HBO.
            Originally posted by paulf View Post
            I don't think that's HBO. I remember seeing the crowd very clearly during Mayweather-Mosley on IMAX. After Shane landed that big right hand, I remember I had my eyes on Mariah Carey, who was on her feet, the rest of the round.
            Good point. I think it's something Top Rank implemented because it wasn't used for the Mayweather-Ortiz PPV. Cotto-Margarito is a Top Rank card and it's gonna suck if they cover up the sold out crowd with that stupid light.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly5 View Post
              Anyone else hate that blue spotlight HBO uses to cover the crowd? I personally think they should leave the crowd as is. I was just re-watching Cotto-Margarito the other day and it's a lot better when you can see the crowd standing and applauding during exchanges.

I havent really noticed I like to see the crowd as well, but Have not, not seen them so I havent really noticed

Comment

it's a stupid fad by top rank since promoting a fight in cowboys stadium. it's an eyesore and bleeds into the action of the fight but at least in the MGM they keep the camera level seating normally lit.

Comment

How about keeping your eye on the action in the ring?

Comment

I'm sick of it too. It's a Top Rank idea and a ****ty one too.

Comment

Working...
                    X