Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How devastating will it be if Berto loses to Zaveck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDK but I only watch Berto to see him lose, he is a tool.

Comment

Devestating? It would be awesome!

Comment

It would really hurt the Floyd-Ortiz bout and would take some luster out of Victor's new found glory.

Still, a lot of us don't know how good Zaveck really is, he might be another undiscovered gem waiting for a shot.

But honestly, I don't see Berto losing this one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          HAHAHA, ***** came out and said that Ortiz was juicing most likely. What a

Thats when I lost alot of respect for Berto, alot of people hated Berto even before that. I didn't really, but I hate when fighters make lame excuses after losing.

Comment

I got Andre Berto by KO, and I think Ortiz was just the better man that night, I see Berto stopping him or by KO in a rematch.

But to answer the question YES another lost would be terrible, I think he goes to ESPN if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              And would it make Ortiz' win look less impressive?
              In my opinion, no. Ortiz was the underdog in that fight and battled back through some nasty knockdowns and 12 grueling rounds to earn the win.

Would he still be getting big paydays on HBO and good time slots? Or do you think he would be dropped down to undercard status and even showtime/espn?
              I certainly hope he doesn't continue to get big HBO paydays. I could see him having a Zab Judah type career if he loses. Fighting on espn, having a nice 3 fight win streak and getting another fight on HBO to see if he's matured, changed or grown as a fighter.

I mean the guy doesn't have much of a fanbase so I pretty much see this as a do or die type of fight. Of course he could work his way back up but it would take a loooong time.
              It's not do or die. There's plenty of fighters today with multiple losses. JMM and Pac have some, Ortiz, Sergio Martinez, Cotto, amongst others do as well. I just hate the fact that so many boxing fans give up on a guy after they hit a wall or go into a slump. He's 27, turning 28 in a week so he's probably reaching his peak right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                In my opinion, no. Ortiz was the underdog in that fight and battled back through some nasty knockdowns and 12 grueling rounds to earn the win.

I certainly hope he doesn't continue to get big HBO paydays. I could see him having a Zab Judah type career if he loses. Fighting on espn, having a nice 3 fight win streak and getting another fight on HBO to see if he's matured, changed or grown as a fighter.

It's not do or die. There's plenty of fighters today with multiple losses. JMM and Pac have some, Ortiz, Sergio Martinez, Cotto, amongst others do as well. I just hate the fact that so many boxing fans give up on a guy after they hit a wall or go into a slump. He's 27, turning 28 in a week so he's probably reaching his peak right now.
                Losses don't matter, well money-wise they do but Natas was probably hinting at 2 losses in a row which does hurt a career.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                  Losses don't matter, well money-wise they do but Natas was probably hinting at 2 losses in a row which does hurt a career.
                  Of course consecutive losses hurt finanacially and mentally. I just don't think it's the end of the road.

Erik Morales had 4 losses in a row. Zaheer, 2 to Manny and David Diaz.. Yet he takes time off, comes back and looks great against maidana in another loss. As long as he can bounce back, I think Berto will be fine. Unless he simply goes the Jeff Lacy route and looks bewildered by defeat.

I guess it all depends on how he looks if he was to lose. He didn't look horrible against Ortiz so I guess time will tell.

Comment

it would be devastating to boxing fans because mayweather-zaveck would be signed 2 seconds after zaveck is announced as the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      it would be devastating to boxing fans because mayweather-zaveck would be signed 2 seconds after zaveck is announced as the winner.
                      Which would without question mean Pacquiao/Zaveck in late 2012 after Mayweather beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X