Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Julian Williams go from here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Needs to rebuild... Get right back in there even if it's a club fighter...

Jrock vs trout seems logical
    I would be down for J Rock vs Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I would be down for J Rock vs Trout
      And it should be an easy fight to make since both PBC

Comment

real question is how will this loss mentally affect him..it was a pretty brutal way to take the first L of his career

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          And it should be an easy fight to make since both PBC
          Do you find Trout boring? I don't

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He has dudes he can fight, a guy like Trout would be perfect because Trout is decent but lacks power. Vanes would be another decent option or Willie Nelson.

He could go younger like Hurd, Lubin or Harrison with Harrison likely being the best option because he is closer to the top.
            I think Hurd and Lubin give him work. Especially coming off this loss

He should beat Harrison in a close fight

He beats trout, vanes and Nelson though. Might even stop Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              Real question? He's still a good fighter just not the one everyone thought he was just 24 hours ago.

Should he start building up again, or go right back to the lions den (no pun intended.)

Should he go back to calling out Austin Trout again?

What about Willie Nelson, Vanes Martirosyan or Ishe Smith?

Tony Harrison also has one loss, but Tony has built him self up after that heartbreak loss to Willie Nelson.
              He should've fought Willie or Ishe before this fight. Charlo has been in there with some experienced guys. Trout and Bundrage. Trout took Jermall to places he's never been and damn near pulled out a victory.

Comment

back to the drawing board work on some of his defensive leaks and try again, not the end of the world. Charlo looks to be the real deal so no shame in coming in 2nd if thats the best you can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Do you find Trout boring? I don't
                  Trout can be boring but so could hopkins n winky... Still a decent fighter and a good fight for jrock

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    Real question? He's still a good fighter just not the one everyone thought he was just 24 hours ago.

Should he start building up again, or go right back to the lions den (no pun intended.)

Should he go back to calling out Austin Trout again?

What about Willie Nelson, Vanes Martirosyan or Ishe Smith?

Tony Harrison also has one loss, but Tony has built him self up after that heartbreak loss to Willie Nelson.
                    Williams lost due to inexperience, and this being his first time under the big lights. He got a bit over zealous at times offensively, sometimes staying in the pocket. He eventually paid for it. A defensive lapse like that against a big puncher like Charlo, is a dangerous thing. He should have been sticking and moving out, sticking and slipping out, sticking and ducking out. He stood there looking at his right hand that Charlo blocked, and didn't slip, or dance away, so the uppercut obliterated him. A shot that he probably hasn't gotten hit with in five years. He knows better than that. Outside of the knockdowns, I thought Williams was out boxing him. As far as Williams being who we thought he was. I didn't know what his chin was like, coming in, but his boxing skills were what I thought. He's a highly skilled boxer. I think Williams, and his team underestimated Charlo. This definitely wasn't the Charlo from the Trout fight. He definitely brought his A game. And there is no shame in losing to Charlo. No other 154 pounder beats that guy that fought last night.

As far as where Williams goes. His handlers need to get him back in there. I'm not sure of his psyche, but get him an Angulo type as a tune up, and then go after Trout or Lara. Charlo's power is what got him. Trout and Lara don't have that. I could see him outboxing both easily. After that, go for the other twin.

Comment

J-Rock was definitely over zealous. I just remember the one sequence where they both fired right hands and just barely missed, then right after they both fired full power right hands again. Now I could say Charlo was doing the same thing but he was never hurt in the fight so him doing that made some sense for the bigger man.

J-rock was showing zero fear of Charlo when he should have been taking his power as a serious threat. That is something he can learn from, but he should not be jumping in with big punchers in his next fight, which is why I think Trout is a good option. Trout would make him pay for being dumb but it is unlikely to be a fight ending mistake. He could fight someone worse than Trout first just to get back on the horse but that is the realistic next meaninful step.

Comment

Working...
                      X