No announcement yet.

New Brook Interview: GGG, Eubank Jr, Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    yeah but then there's a thing called venue location and pricing and how much two promoters are willing to put into the fight. price tickets cheap at the American Airlines Arena in Miami
    If you were a businessman, would you pay Lara 1m and GGG 2m in a fight which makes 1.5m? If the fight was possible, it would have been made. You can't do **** when deluded boxers price themselves out and think they are superstars.

Comment

Brook is going to woop Lil G's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
        There are two fighters to each equation, you can't say that GGG and Loeffler at fault just like you can't say that Lara is at fault. GGG or as you know him 97k guy isn't in a position to offer multi million dollar fights to fighters who can't carry their own weight (financially). Even his offer to BJS was 2 million dollars (as per BJS) and BJS turned it down. pretty much every fighter looks out for themselves, as we all do. Lara fight might be more intriguing than the brook fight but if it can't be made financially then it can't be made. This fight was made vs brook because it can be made financially that is all there is to it. If you can name one fight in the 154-168 division span (aside from Canelo and Eubank) where GGG can make the same money as he is making with Brook (or even close) and the opponent is willing to get into the right then go ahead let me know who that is.
        Where are the official reports on Lara's requests? All Loeffler states is "he wants this money" without giving figures. Keep in mind Lara had already fought Alvarez and earned that spotlight.

The whole Lara requests are just amplified rumors that Lil'G fans love to bring up even though no numbers are presented. Casual tactics to protect Golovkin in case for even a non PPV fight. The question is, Lara vs Golovkin at the Garden is as equally risky as at the American Airlines Arena. Not the purses for the fighters, but the loss!!

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
          If you were a businessman, would you pay Lara 1m and GGG 2m in a fight which makes 1.5m? If the fight was possible, it would have been made. You can't do **** when deluded boxers price themselves out and think they are superstars.
          that doesn't make any sense when there's talk about the venue and the logistics for prices. New York, the tri-state area has many Cuban immigrants, and Miami has 1million +

Bout locations are determined by demographic links to the boxer. Many "russians" in the tri-state area. Some still loyally bounded to when Kazakhs were bound to the Soviets. Even those fans would love to see Lil'G vs Lara.

Therefore, they don't want to make the fight. Lara too dangerous of Southpaw and promoters know the verbage about "running" around the ring when ironically Lil'G is the master at cutting off the ring.

this is when people bring up Angulo. As if Lara would train for a gameplan when fighting Lil'G.

the excuses get old.

Comment

that doesn't make any sense when there's talk about the venue and the logistics for prices. New York, the tri-state area has many Cuban immigrants, and Miami has 1million +

Bout locations are determined by demographic links to the boxer. Many "russians" in the tri-state area. Some still loyally bounded to when Kazakhs were bound to the Soviets. Even those fans would love to see Lil'G vs Lara.

Therefore, they don't want to make the fight. Lara too dangerous of Southpaw and promoters know the verbage about "running" around the ring when ironically Lil'G is the master at cutting off the ring.

this is when people bring up Angulo. As if Lara would train for a gameplan when fighting Lil'G.

the excuses get old.
            I suppose this is why you are not a businessman. You are making up a market where there is none. If lara was such a big superstar with Millions of cubans behind him, people would be running to fight him in ppv. But let me give you a reality. "Lara-Martirosyan 2 averages 491K viewers". Good thing the professionals are not as moronic as NSB armchair market researchers.

Lara is weak and has nothing to offer to GGG. Can't even pull 1/3rd of GGG's viewers, doesn't have a belt and he wants big money. Laughable and pathetic. He should stick to his twitter rants, maybe that will make him more popular.

Comment

Where are the official reports on Lara's requests? All Loeffler states is "he wants this money" without giving figures. Keep in mind Lara had already fought Alvarez and earned that spotlight.

The whole Lara requests are just amplified rumors that Lil'G fans love to bring up even though no numbers are presented. Casual tactics to protect Golovkin in case for even a non PPV fight. The question is, Lara vs Golovkin at the Garden is as equally risky as at the American Airlines Arena. Not the purses for the fighters, but the loss!!
              How much is Lara getting paid right now? and how much are his opponents making?

if Lara makes 1+ million vs his current position (which is what i heard) then how much would he take vs. GGG? I don't know how much he wants, i am not at the negotiating table but any logical person would assume that he would want more than he is getting paid, If GGG had to go to PPV to pay Lemiux his 1.5 million then how is he supposed pay Lara... this isn't a PPV fight, I wish GGG was as popular as Canelo or equivalent because then he can pay 2+ million and people will be gunning for him, right now you either have the fighters who straight out don't want to fight him, who request ridiculous money demands where they would get higher purse then him or fighters who pretend like the want to fight but somehow lose their pen come signing day. Even fighters who stand to make insane money like Canelo choose to fight other challenges likely for half of what they will make with GGG.

So my question to you is simple.

1) How much should Lara would want to earn for this fight?
              2) How much can any promoter pay for this fight and stay profitable? considering GGG will likely keep moving up the pay scale (2.5 mil+ per fight if not 3 mill+ at this point)

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
                I suppose this is why you are not a businessman. You are making up a market where there is none. If lara was such a big superstar with Millions of cubans behind him, people would be running to fight him in ppv. But let me give you a reality. "Lara-Martirosyan 2 averages 491K viewers". Good thing the professionals are not as moronic as NSB armchair market researchers.

Lara is weak and has nothing to offer to GGG. Can't even pull 1/3rd of GGG's viewers, doesn't have a belt and he wants big money. Laughable and pathetic. He should stick to his twitter rants, maybe that will make him more popular.
                so basically you're comparing the context of 1million Cubans in Florida to the rest of USA demographics that buy PPV? Does anyone assume 1million Cubans in Florida equals 1million PPV buys? Not sure if you follow boxing, but how many African Americans live in the USA? Is that census equal that many PPV buys?

Again, you're avoiding location as I stated, American Airlines Arena in Miami. How many Cubans in Florida do you honestly think would go to a Lara vs GGG event at the AA arena and pricing tickets cheap as usual?

I'm not really sure you understand business. You're just saying what many clueless around here state without agreeing on the logical point about a potential fight being made near a high demographic of Cuban territory. Why is that the crowd was cheering when Lara fought Zaveck? Guess which state that was! Watch the fight online, compare to Lara's fame since the last time he fought in Florida.

This is easy for me papi!

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                  How much is Lara getting paid right now? and how much are his opponents making?
                  again, until we can have an honest conversation about venue location to begin with, then we can start speaking theoritically. without stating the venue for Golovkin vs Lara is a pointess discussion when just bringing "who gets paid what."

Comment

dang, calling Eubank Sr. an idiot... hope Eubank Jr. hears this...

in other news..

If they offered Lara the same contract as Eubank Jr. "and then to Brook" would Lara have taken it?

Or is it Haymon's fault and Lara's fault?
                    They offer Eubank a contract, how stupid do you have to be not to understand that at this point? Par for the course for you tho

Comment

The biggest proudest moment of brooks career is because of Amir khan, he literally cannot escape Khan's shadow. Khan motivated him to commit suicide, so sad.

Ggg has made legit middleweights utterly crumble and submit, the fight is a joke and Brook is a willing lamb to the slaughter deserves no support.

Comment

Working...
                      X