Collapse
No announcement yet.

Views from ringside at Donaire-Narvaez in NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time is the main event scheduled for?.

Comment

I just saw the walk through for Nonito Donaire's entrance, pretty cool stuff. I have a video on my phone, will try to upload.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty Tanager View Post
        What time is the main event scheduled for?.
        11PM Eastern

Comment

Ryan, so you get to go to this fights for free as press right??

What other fights have you seen this close as press??

Also what is your job there tonight? I know you are a writer but what exactly will you be doing. Tweeting? Blogging? Writing articles (specifics)? etc

Comment

sweet view bro! enjoy the fights. . . NOTHING like some live boxing up close and personal

i didn't know you were ryan songolia! ive been enjoying reading your interviews and articles for a while now. . .

@ other posters - if I had to guess, I'd say there will be about 2800 fans in attendance - i think arena is scheduled to seat like 4000? Also, the main event will start @ 11PM/ET like Ryan said. . . If you are watching on HBO like me, then the feed will start at 10:30 with the HOPKINS/DAWSON replay (uhhgg, i know) RIGHT AFTER Pac/Marquez 24/7 which debuts @ 10 PM/ET!! Why can't they show the Garcia fight instead? Smh. . .

Comment

I don't think i can hack it til 4am, where's the coffee?.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                Ryan, so you get to go to this fights for free as press right??

What other fights have you seen this close as press??

Also what is your job there tonight? I know you are a writer but what exactly will you be doing. Tweeting? Blogging? Writing articles (specifics)? etc
                I don't use the term "free" as it pertains to admission to fights because I'm a working member of the media and I attend the fights to work. Fight night is a hectic schedule of compiling interviews, writing stories on a tight deadline and avoiding distractions.

But yeah I'm at all of the fights in the New York area at ringside, writing for a number of news outlets (like BoxingScene, GMA 7 News in the Philippines, ****** and others), and shoot videos for websites and TV stations.

Tonight, my story will appear on GMANews.TV, which is the leading news outlet in the Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  sweet view bro! enjoy the fights. . . NOTHING like some live boxing up close and personal

i didn't know you were ryan songolia! ive been enjoying reading your interviews and articles for a while now. . .

@ other posters - if I had to guess, I'd say there will be about 2800 fans in attendance - i think arena is scheduled to seat like 4000? Also, the main event will start @ 11PM/ET like Ryan said. . . If you are watching on HBO like me, then the feed will start at 10:30 with the HOPKINS/DAWSON replay (uhhgg, i know) RIGHT AFTER Pac/Marquez 24/7 which debuts @ 10 PM/ET!! Why can't they show the Garcia fight instead? Smh. . .
                  Thank you uglypug, I'm humbled to know that you read my work. They say it'll be 4000, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
                    I don't use the term "free" as it pertains to admission to fights because I'm a working member of the media and I attend the fights to work. Fight night is a hectic schedule of compiling interviews, writing stories on a tight deadline and avoiding distractions.

But yeah I'm at all of the fights in the New York area at ringside, writing for a number of news outlets (like BoxingScene, GMA 7 News in the Philippines, ****** and others), and shoot videos for websites and TV stations.

Tonight, my story will appear on GMANews.TV, which is the leading news outlet in the Philippines.

Right, right. That's what I meant. But you get to work in an environment that you enjoy working on since I imagine boxing is your passion and to get to watch those fights up close has to be a blessing.

That's awesome. So you will be at the Cotto-Margarito one?!?!? I want to be a writer. How do I become one? I think I got some writing skills but do I start writing and send them to news outlets. How do I get hired?

That is awesome. I will look forward to it man. Have fun tonight!

Comment

Jonathan "Bomba" Gonzalez will be in action there. 6-0 w/ 6 KOs. Nice seats...looks like you warming up my seat for Cotto-Margarito 2. LOL. jk.

Comment

Working...
                      X