Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Hauser article in Oscar's magazine. Lol. This should be interesting.

Comment

I never noticed Rafeal hating on Haymon. When in Twitter land I do see lots of hate towards "PBC everything" from other scribes though. It gets nasty on there, with no justification.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Hauser does work for HBO. That's why SB Nation refused to run these Haymon articles, conflict of interest.

Plus Ring is owned by Golden Boy, who are suing Haymon. No conflict there...LOL
        So far, only part I is out, it's nothing of any substance. Just an article talking about how little we know about Al, and that's because Al wants it that way, and some quotes from people who have worked with him that talk about how he's in control, pulls the strings, very smart businessman, etc.

We'll see what the upcoming articles say, my guess is Hauser will be critical of the PBC business model but I doubt there will be anything explosive here. He's probably going to go over all the numbers in great detail.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          So far, only part I is out, it's nothing of any substance. Just an article talking about how little we know about Al, and that's because Al wants it that way, and some quotes from people who have worked with him that talk about how he's in control, pulls the strings, very smart businessman, etc.

We'll see what the upcoming articles say, my guess is Hauser will be critical of the PBC business model but I doubt there will be anything explosive here. He's probably going to go over all the numbers in great detail.
          A 5-part Haymon expose on a Golden Boy Promotions-owned website written by Thomas Hauser (a man that has used biblical scripture to compare Haymon to the devil in one of his past articles). Yes, I'm sure it won't be controversial in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Because Haymon refuses to kiss the ring (bending to Rafael, granting him all the access that he feels his "status" merits)? gtfoh.

No venues have issues with Haymon, no TV people (outside of HBO) have issues with Haymon, no fighter managers seem to have issues working with Haymon, and no fight trainers/gyms (sans Top Rank) seem to harbor any animosity towards Haymon.

The boxing media likely won't do him any favors, but the mechanics of actually delivering the fights to the fans is just fine.
            you guys forget haymon comes from the music industry where he burned all his ties, haymon can never enter the music industry again and be successful. Now this guy found a new hustle "boxing" and he has already burned bridges.

Haymon has bad relations with GBP, Toprank, HBO who are the top outfits in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              you guys forget haymon comes from the music industry where he burned all his ties, haymon can never enter the music industry again and be successful. Now this guy found a new hustle "boxing" and he has already burned bridges.

Haymon has bad relations with GBP, Toprank, HBO who are the top outfits in boxing.
              I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the only promoters on the entire planet that have bad things to say about Haymon are the 4 promoters that work exclusively with HBO (and depend on HBO to stay alive financially).

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                A 5-part Haymon expose on a Golden Boy Promotions-owned website written by Thomas Hauser (a man that has used biblical scripture to compare Haymon to the devil in one of his past articles). Yes, I'm sure it won't be controversial in any way.
                Hauser has been critical of Haymon for years, I doubt he cares where his work is published.

I said I doubt it will have anything really explosive, I never said it wouldn't be controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the only promoters on the entire planet that have bad things to say about Haymon are the 4 promoters that work exclusively with HBO (and depend on HBO to stay alive financially).
                  as opposed to haymon who depends on investments to stay alive?

People are buying GBP, TOPRANK contents, haymon is paying people to air his content.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post

Give it a rest already. The situation's complicated enough without the bull****.

Comment

Pretty weak start to a 5-part series.

There was maybe one line that was even remotely interesting...

One NBC executive complained, “He won’t give us simple information that two people transacting business together would normally exchange with one another.”

Comment

Working...
                      X