No announcement yet.

Official Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Orlando Salido RbR & Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014
    What worries me is that Lomachenko has never gone into later rounds. His stamina has never been tested.

Salido is a tough man and will likely survive the early rounds, although Lomachenko will surely outbox him and be ahead on the cards. But what happens in the later rounds, can Vasyl still move as quickly when he's tired?
    I have no worries about Vasyl's stamina, his conditioning is top notch. Salido will have trouble dealing with his speed and body punching, I think he will be stopped somewhere around round 8. Hopefully.

Comment

I got the Ukrainian... anyone else absolutely stoked for this fight?

Comment

Its gonna be Mikey vs. Salido again. Salido will lose every round but will have a shot of a KO late in the fight due to the constant pressure he will put on Lomachenko.

Comment

I'm riding with Salido on this one. War tested... Too much toughness and will to overcome for the young Lomachenko. Salido is built for 12 rounds, is Lomachenko built to sustain aggressive pressure for that long? We'll see. My money is on Salido though.. well my e-Points.

Comment

Only way Salido wins is by TKO. Loma will have to either take him out within the middle rounds or have to dig deep to get by an oncoming Salido in the later rounds. Should be a hell of a scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I'm riding with Salido on this one. War tested... Too much toughness and will to overcome for the young Lomachenko. Salido is built for 12 rounds, is Lomachenko built to sustain aggressive pressure for that long? We'll see. My money is on Salido though.. well my e-Points.
              He's almost 26 (17th Feb), not even that young TBH. Also, a funny thing people may not take into account is that Loma probably has more overall fight experience than any of his opponents. Sure, in pro terms, everyone has that advantage so far and Salido in particular is a really battle tested guy in the pros who will make it difficult. But if you fight basically 400 bouts you sure as hell aren't going to be a newbie and Vasyl will likely have encountered every style in the book. The thing is, Loma is improving every day, learning and constantly evolving. Salido is battle tested but you know what he is going to bring, and he can't change at this point. He sure ain't giving up his title without a fight, but Vasyl is just too varied, hungry and talented to pass this opportunity up.

Comment

This is his second (sort of) pro fight. I can't imagine Lomo being ready for a tough veteran like Salido, regardless of his pedigree.

If he proves me wrong, I view him as The Truth. Until then, I'm thinking Salido may stop him. Lomo does have the right style to trouble Orlando, I just don't know if he's ready.
                Last edited by samouraļ; 02-02-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

lomachenko TKO in the 8th

Comment

Salido wins

Comment

Its hard to say because he isn't tested as a pro at all and there is so much we don't know about Lamo but I am going to go with the tough experienced champion Salido based on his track record for overwhelming fighters who have not been in deep waters before or have shown not to be able to swim in them.

Comment

Working...
                      X