No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Catch weight King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
    I just wanna know why it was OKAY to fight DLH at 147..but not Cotto..
    see ts?.....

Comment

because DLH was the draw and had the power to make his words final. PAC team made the rules in this fight.

Comment

same for cotto, why wouldnt they just fight on 140 then? he also fights at 140 before

Comment

Pacquaio's camp is the one calling the shots now. Miguel is a prime, hard hitter, and undoubtedly a very powerful welterweight. I believe what they're trying to do is to make the fight as COMPETITIVE as they can.

Plus in the Oscar fight, Oscar had to go down one division, Cotto only had to lose 2 pounds. They saw that Oscar also had to work hard in order to make weight so it's a win win situation.

Imagine having to have to train to gain 5 pounds of muscles and training to lose 2 pounds of muscles. Which do you think is harder?

Comment

Nah, Floyd is the catch weight KING. Only the King gets away with not actually having to make the catch weight.

Comment

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
              Why is Manny Pacquiao being called the catch weight king. If:

2.] He had to gain 5 pounds while Miguel Cotto only has to lose 2 pounds off his natural weight.
              Incorrect... pacquiao has to loose weight to make 145. He apparently walks around 155 or so.

Like Eyekonik said.. why not allow cotto to come in at the full welter limit?

just asking!

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                see ts?.....
                If you are not capable of discussing like an adult, then leave. You don't want to be in this damn ass thread anyway. Lol. How old are you anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Nah, Floyd is the catch weight KING. Only the King gets away with not actually having to make the catch weight.
                  The cherry picking king more like it..

Comment

]

dude even if the fight w/ oscar was at 147, pac never weighed in as a true WW that night. cmon he was only 140-142 at weighin.

Comment

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
                      Pacquaio's camp is the one calling the shots now. Miguel is a prime, hard hitter, and undoubtedly a very powerful welterweight. I believe what they're trying to do is to make the fight as COMPETITIVE as they can.

Plus in the Oscar fight, Oscar had to go down one division, Cotto only had to lose 2 pounds. They saw that Oscar also had to work hard in order to make weight so it's a win win situation.

Imagine having to have to train to gain 5 pounds of muscles and training to lose 2 pounds of muscles. Which do you think is harder?
                      Originally posted by zeidrich View Post
                      same for cotto, why wouldnt they just fight on 140 then? he also fights at 140 before
                      Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
                      because DLH was the draw and had the power to make his words final. PAC team made the rules in this fight.
                      Perhaps the quotes above shall answer your questions.

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
                      Incorrect... pacquiao has to loose weight to make 145. He apparently walks around 155 or so.

Like Eyekonik said.. why not allow cotto to come in at the full welter limit?

just asking!

Comment

Working...
                      X