Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats don't lie. Mayweather is not better than Ali or Sugar Ray.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Ok???? What does this even prove? Robinson had more fights..commonsense..floyds not a ko puncher=means nothing,amateur wins=means nothing.........title defenses would be hard to measure since Floyd moved up 5 divisions while Ali stayed in 1
    That's why it's an overall comparison, not just based on one stat. And a title defense is a title defense, whether it's in only 1 division or not.

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
      i really dont care about this. Stats really cant be used to disprove a subjective opinion. There is no empirical way as well to tell who is the best ever boxer.
      And the stats he listed actually shed light on Floyds opinion as having merit

Comment

Originally posted by tmac20031 View Post
        That's why it's an overall comparison, not just based on one stat. And a title defense is a title defense, whether it's in only 1 division or not.
        And Floyd has more then Robinson amazingly

Comment

And Robinson was not undefeated in the Amateurs he lost to Billy Graham and Patsy Pesca under his given name, Walker Smith Jr.
          You are correct, this was missed. But he still wins the category.

Comment

Its amazing out of over 200 fights Floyd has more title defenses then Robinson and more then Tyson and Marciano and they stayed in 1 division
            You've got to take into account there being 4 major titles in each division now and twice as many divisions.

Comment

Larry getting emotional here lol also saying who cares, yet he's annoyed what the op posted LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                You've got to take into account there being 4 major titles in each division now and twice as many divisions.
                I only counted fights as a single championship. It's unfair to knock an older fighter just because there are way more sanctioning bodies today.

Comment

And the stats he listed actually shed light on Floyds opinion as having merit
                  I don't see how that's possible when he is outnumbered in almost every category except win percentage. And his career is not over.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                    those amateur stats shouldn't be there. then floyd and tyson will scramble for last place.
                    In my opinion, a boxers career counts from when he first puts the gloves on. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tmac20031 View Post
                      I only counted fights as a single championship. It's unfair to knock an older fighter just because there are way more sanctioning bodies today.
                      My point was it's easier to be a champion now with 68 world titles (not counting super champions) available in boxing compared to 8 back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X