Collapse
No announcement yet.

The humble Manny Pacquiao????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Yesterday I was cheating and lying, today am not cheating and telling the truth."
    -Manny "My Dad Marquez" Pacquiao..

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      You have an inability to relate an individuals actions to the words definition. Driving around in a Ferrari and living in a mansion is not a modest or meek reflection of Pacquiao's importance. His lifestyle does not make short of the wealth he has acquired over the years. A humble man in Pacquiao's position would live in a smaller home and drive as less extravagant car. (He has worked hard for every penny he has earned. He also did it honestly. He has given back. he continues to give back by doing more for his countrymen than anyone has. To say he has to live in a mud hut or something is insanely stupid! )

I don't know if he cheated on his wife but if he did it shows a lack of appreciation for the family he was blessed with. Again a Man who was truly humble would not do that as they would be satisfied with the family they had they would not feel the need to get more than they already have. (I have no clue if he cheated on his wife. What i do know is they are still together and what he is doing Now and how he is living now with his family is great for him his wife and children!)

He has never tried to downplay his position in the Filipines, instead he used his fame to acquire a high political rank. ( I can't remember if the original poster mentioned that?). (In every country many people have used either fame or fortune or both to position themselves in high seat. He was also in the military and again uses his wealth to help his people. Its not like he in strip clubs "making it rain" . Hes been fighting for his country and now he has the wealth to do more...and does! He could have left and moved to the states and forgot about his people..but he didnt. I think thats Humble in every form of the definition!)

He cannot be considered a humble man. I don't think that makes him a bad person it is just dishonest using the word when celebrating him as it cheapens the lifestyle of individuals who truly are humble.(WOW)
      if you cant comprehend this^^^^...something is terribly wrong with you!
      Last edited by PAC-BOY; 01-15-2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Pac isn't humble because he doesn't live in a shack
        Yea, this is basically the attitude of these imbeciles.

Comment

he's not humble that's for damn sure. "i didn't lose, BE A FILIPINO." "it was a lucky punch." the dude has like 50 pictures of just himself inside his house. c'mon man.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY
            He has worked hard for every penny he has earned. He also did it honestly. He has given back. he continues to give back by doing more for his countrymen than anyone has. To say he has to live in a mud hut or something is insanely stupid!
            1) A mud hut is not the alternative to a lavish mansion. Do you live in a mud hut? Maybe you do but for most people they live in reasonably sized homes.

2) I'm not saying he shouldn't live in his Mansion, it is his money and he is entitled to live a lavish lifestyle.

3) Giving back to the community does not equal a humble individual. An example of this point is the person you're a no. hater of, Mayweather. He gives back to his community but I think we can atleast agree that he is not humble.

4) I don't know your countries history so I'm not going to dispute your claim about him giving back more than anyone else. That being said it doesn't matter as giving is not a sign of being humble. Right now I am giving you a lesson but that does not make me humble.
            In every country many people have used either fame or fortune or both to position themselves in high seat. He was also in the military and again uses his wealth to help his people. Its not like he in strip clubs "making it rain" . Hes been fighting for his country and now he has the wealth to do more...and does! He could have left and moved to the states and forgot about his people..but he didnt. I think thats Humble in every form of the definition!
            You keep talking about how much he gives but giving things away is not a sign of being humble. I've stressed this numerous times now, the most arrogant man can give. You mentioned other people doing what he did as though it matters, it only means they are not humble. Why do they crave a high political position? Because they believe they have the answers others don't, they believe they can do a better job at fixing the country than the people competing with them, not what I'd call humble pac-boy.

As for him staying in his country, when you have millions there's no reason to leave the place you, your family and friends call home.

I am going to repeat myself. He cannot be considered a humble man. I don't think that makes him a bad person it is just dishonest using the word when celebrating him as it cheapens the lifestyle of individuals who truly are humble.

Comment

1) A mud hut is not the alternative to a lavish mansion. Do you live in a mud hut? Maybe you do but for most people they live in reasonably sized homes.

2) I'm not saying he shouldn't live in his Mansion, it is his money and he is entitled to live a lavish lifestyle.

3) Giving back to the community does not equal a humble individual. An example of this point is the person you're a no. hater of, Mayweather. He gives back to his community but I think we can atleast agree that he is not humble.

4) I don't know your countries history so I'm not going to dispute your claim about him giving back more than anyone else. That being said it doesn't matter as giving is not a sign of being humble. Right now I am giving you a lesson but that does not make me humble.

You keep talking about how much he gives but giving things away is not a sign of being humble. I've stressed this numerous times now, the most arrogant man can give. You mentioned other people doing what he did as though it matters, it only means they are not humble. Why do they crave a high political position? Because they believe they have the answers others don't, they believe they can do a better job at fixing the country than the people competing with them, not what I'd call humble pac-boy.

As for him staying in his country, when you have millions there's no reason to leave the place you, your family and friends call home.

I am going to repeat myself. He cannot be considered a humble man. I don't think that makes him a bad person it is just dishonest using the word when celebrating him as it cheapens the lifestyle of individuals who truly are humble.
              Do you know what Antonyms are...? Here are some for humble....arrogant, bumptious, chesty, conceited, egotistic (or egotistical), fastuous, haughty, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-and-mighty, high-handed, high-hat, hoity-toity, huffish, huffy, imperious, lordly, overweening, peremptory, pompous, presuming, presumptuous, pretentious, self-asserting, self-assertive, supercilious, superior, toplofty (also toploftical), uppish, uppity
              the Synonyms would be : demure, down-to-earth, lowly, meek, modest, unassuming, unpretentious! Its mind blowing you cant set aside your hate and see him as a humble person. Instead you choose yo try your hardest to make your argument look advantageous! Mayweather gives back...lol He gives frozen turkeys to homeless people lol...and he gives money to women breast cancer funds only before going to court for beating on women....come on! Thats giving back....:AOR:

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Do you know what Antonyms are...? Here are some for humble....arrogant, bumptious, chesty, conceited, egotistic (or egotistical), fastuous, haughty, highfalutin (also hifalutin), high-and-mighty, high-handed, high-hat, hoity-toity, huffish, huffy, imperious, lordly, overweening, peremptory, pompous, presuming, presumptuous, pretentious, self-asserting, self-assertive, supercilious, superior, toplofty (also toploftical), uppish, uppity
                the Synonyms would be : demure, down-to-earth, lowly, meek, modest, unassuming, unpretentious! Its mind blowing you cant set aside your hate and see him as a humble person. Instead you choose yo try your hardest to make your argument look advantageous! Mayweather gives back...lol He gives frozen turkeys to homeless people lol...and he gives money to women breast cancer funds only before going to court for beating on women....come on! Thats giving back....:AOR:
                Why did you list antonyms for the word humble? Are you labouring under the delusion that if someone is not egotistical, conceited etc. they are humble? If you are then look at things this way if water can be neither cold nor hot, it's capable of being warm.

Listing synonyms for the word humble is just as pointless. I wouldn't associate those words with Pacquiao, in addition to that the words have subtle differences that has an effect on their correct use.

The final part of your post is lolworthy. When all else fails cry like a little girl and accuse him of talking out of hate. I don't hate Pacquiao but if I did I would actually be more inclined to acknowledge his positive traits.

Comment

Why did you list antonyms for the word humble? Are you labouring under the delusion that if someone is not egotistical, conceited etc. they are humble? If you are then look at things this way if water can be neither cold nor hot, it's capable of being warm.

Listing synonyms for the word humble is just as pointless. I wouldn't associate those words with Pacquiao, in addition to that the words have subtle differences that has an effect on their correct use.

The final part of your post is lolworthy. When all else fails cry like a little girl and accuse him of talking out of hate. I don't hate Pacquiao but if I did I would actually be more inclined to acknowledge his positive traits.
                  im really starting to wonder if school was ever a part of your life. Because if you havent seen it by now you got serious issues! You win no prize here you are making yourself look incredibly obtuse! You say you dont hate Pacquiao...im sorry is that word to strong? Lets go with dislike! You say you dont dislike him yet you are in every Pac thread bashing him and never do you have anything good to say! So your argument is totally inconsequential! For i am like a cat toying with a mouse here! You talk about LOL worthy...You have to hate someone to be more inclined to acknowledge their positive traits? :WORD: Now youve said a mouth full! WOW just plain WOW!
                  The Cat ends the mouse!

Comment

Nice try! !

Comment

• Originally posted by lebrick View Post
                      LMAOOOO @ that gif

Comment

Working...
                      X