Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Think Of Hatton vs Carson Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Think Of Hatton vs Carson Jones?

was at a fight in OK the other night and Jones was there. I heard someone whisper that he's in talks with Hatton's people about a fight. What do you guys think about that fight as Hatton's 1st?
    Last edited by DLT; 09-22-2012, 10:43 AM.

It would finish with a prolonged beating for Ricky, sending him back down the pub where he'd score some nose & end up with some dodgy tart in a Manchester hotel room.

Comment

He could do a lot worse, it would be a pretty decent indicator whether he's capable, although maybe won't tell us how much punch resistance he's kept. Also, as Kell Brook's last opponent, it potentially sets up a match between Brook and Hatton afterwards. I'm sure he'd like to get revenge for his brother.

If his preparation is good I'd pick Ricky to beat Jones, even after a long lay off.

Comment

What weight class is Ricky targeting?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          What weight class is Ricky targeting?
          Welterweight.

Comment

Jones would seriously rough him up. I wouldn't mind watching it but it's high risk low reward so it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

I think Jones will beat Hatton and possibly by ko.

Comment

Hard fight after a long lay-off. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it looks a high risk / low reward kind of fight.

Comment

If he beats Jones in his comeback fight, he's got me believing that there really is only one.

Comment

I think the fight just ends up looking like, "This is how you do it, Rookie." [referring to Kell Brook struggling].

Comment

Working...
                    X