Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Cooper - Worst Referee Performance of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell.no ............

Comment

Coop wasn't even that bad. No, I didn't like the deductions but he wasn't that bad. Russel Mora by far the worst.

Comment

lol, what was the refs catchphrase?

Comment

lol, what was the refs catchphrase? or am i gonna have to go find it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
              I can't think of a thing he did right.

* Pre Fight - takes more time shouting his lame catch phrase than giving instructions to the two fighters

* Round 1 - puts himself in a bad position and trips up Peterson.

* Round 1 - scores a knockdown against Peterson incorrectly.

* Round 7 - deducts a point from Khan having not given a hard warning about pushing.

* Round 12 - deducts a second point from Khan, again without a hard warning.

* All Fight Long - inconsistent with pushing. It's ok for Peterson to push Khan against the ropes. It's ok for Peterson to hold and hit Lennox Lewis style. It's not ok for Khan to push Peterson.

Peterson was awesome and I don't begrudge him the victory, but it's a real shame that those two point deductions decided the fight. The best referees are barely noticed, except in tough call situations, and Joe Cooper seemed to want the attention. Terrible performance.
              I have to agree that ref was very special - let's put it that way...

Many things were questionable I felt and especially to deduct a point in the 12th round. Both fighters gave their all and I felt that Khan did nothing what he ain't done before and wasn't deducted a point for. If there is a glaring thing against the rules then of course you deduct a point in the 12th round but anything else I'm always against it to deduct a point in the 12th round if it is not like a said a real bad situation against the rules... if both fighters came to 12th they should finish it by themselves and the ref should not make himself a part of the result. And looking at the cards I believe Peterson won on two cards on 1 point - so if this deduction doesn't happen we have a Majority Draw... so yes, it is what it is

Comment

You do make a good point about the one knockdown that he counted. That wasn't a knockdown. Khan like used his forearm to push Lamont down.

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
                  He let them fight on the inside. There were many warnings against the pushing. Don't act like the deductions came out of nowhere. Whether or not you agree with that rule being enforced so strongly, Khan was told many times not to do it yet he kept at it.
                  It was more like he MADE them fight on the inside, to favor Lamont. Khan pushing off to create space was a big No No to this ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                    Russell Mora easily.
                    I agree with this. Russell Mora was staring right at Agbeko balls when an obvious low blow clearly landed but ruled it a knockdown.

Comment

russell mora, was the worst.

for cooper, the point deductions were completely legal.

the knockdowns were questionable.

Comment

Working...
                      X