Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Results We Need to be Honest About

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight had nothing to do with PBFs domaince in the JMM fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Palokaj View Post
      Taylor beat Hopkins 2 times ; I CONFIRM THAT!

Sturm beat Oscar De La Hoya;

Castillo beat Mayweather in 1st fight;

Malignaggi beat Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
        Be honest with yourself man...serious...be honest with yourself. Taylor never beat Hopkins. The powers that be wanted people to believe Taylor was going to be the face of boxing and manufactured two wins over Hopkins. The beating Taylor took in those fights probably ruined him forever though. He never really looked good after the second Hopkins fight though.
        I wonder if you're being sarcastic, especially where you mention Taylor getting a beating from Hopkins. Both of those fights, was nothing more than a tactical chess match where Taylor out worked Hopkins, who has problems with technical boxers who is faster than him because it makes him think twice. Plus, Hopkins wouldn't start letting his hands go until the later rounds. Watch the first fight, and you'll really see how good Jermain is. He out jabbed Bernard, and momentarily staggered him in the first round.

Comment

Castillo didn't win the first Mayweather fight... The announcing was going crazy about castillo shots that MISSED and compubox was highly wrong. The announcing was just horrible in that fight. Floyd was catching so many shots they gave Castillo credit for with his elbows and gloves, and picking off the rest with his shoulder roll.

In the later rounds, Floyd did square up with Castillo and started throwing all kind of counter shots and not budging..and all you hear from the announcers is about Castillo

Castillo's major accomplishment was landing a few flush shots on floyd, mostly body shots. But compubox was a massive joke in that fight. Floyd won that fight.

Comment

What is the bad reasoning?

If you can outbox those ultimate boxers you should NEVER get beaten and KO'd by the types of sluggers or average boxers that these guys lost to.
            Hearns lost to Barkley( who was a massive underdog and is not an all time great) though beat great technical boxers like Duran, Benitez, Hill and many more. Is he an overrated bum or does he just struggle when a strong fighter gets inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
              Weight had nothing to do with PBFs domaince in the JMM fight.
              only to floyd fans......lol

Comment

If you outbox a Bernard Hopkins then you don't fight a 115-113 fight with a Kelly Pavlik.

This is like saying , "The United States obviously won the Vietnam war....you don't defeat Germany, Japan and the British Empire and then lose out to an impoverished 3rd world nation like Vietnam. Lets be honest with ourselves."

You act as though our expectations about what would logically transpire have more reality to them than what actually happened. I don't care who in particular you think won whichever fight; you are arguing on the basis of something that verges on a psychiatric problem-you think the expectations bouncing around in your head are more true than realty itself.

The question of who won a fight should be debated on what happened IN THAT FIGHT.

Comment

Well if you don't think Taylor beat Hopkins then you definitely can't say Hopkins BEAT Taylor because neither of the two fights were very decisive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
                    Well if you don't think Taylor beat Hopkins then you definitely can't say Hopkins BEAT Taylor because neither of the two fights were very decisive at all.
                    Exactly. They were close fights, so people's perspective on who the winner was varies from person to person. This is nothing got to do with people 'not being honest'. It's not like it was clear cut. I'd like the thread starter to post his scorecard of Hopkins-Taylor I and II.

Comment

I'm just going to say it again...if Taylor really was as good of a boxer as you seem to think he is he should have had no trouble beating Pavlik and Froch. Those guys aren't boxers. So of course he would be "outboxing" them during the fight. But if he can't finish the deal then how good is he really?

I don't think he's that good. I think he's going to get his a$$ kicked by Abraham tomorrow night. It might be the worst beating of Taylor's career.

Fangs, guess I was just hoping he would pull through, now i see what you were reffering to, sucks cause i really liked taylor and now I think he might be done.

If he cant continue is it possible that they would let someone else in for him?

Comment

Working...
                      X