Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sanchez the new freddie roach? Making a name off a fighter who could already fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Sanchez doesnt have a deep stable

No, Sanchez is not the new Freddie Roach.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      I give Floyd Sr credit for teaching Floyd the fundamentals early on in his career.

I've watched almost every single Floyd fight and I have never heard Roger give Floyd any type of sound advice.
      yea but he trained Floyd since his pro debut so he had some to do with it

Comment

I agree. Thats exactly like FC Barcelona's success to be given to its manager when everyone knows they are probably going to win almost everything irrespective of whoever is in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          What got me was when Sanchez brought up Kovalev and how if Kovalev landed the shots Barerra landed Ward wouldve been KO'd. How the F is any trainer going to bring up someone else from a totally different gym to beat up a guy that just outclassed your own? There has to be an un-written rule amongst trainers that Sanchez broke.

But to answer your question, I think Roach is a joke coach but I will say he did improve Pacquiao, as for most of his other fighters, they were basically complete until they got to him. Sanchez on the otherhand is very lucky to have a gym where he does, Big Bear is a boxing hotbed. Other than that, I think he got lucky landing GGG too.
          instead he could have said what Barrera could have done to improve on his performance or what he said in the corner that Sully didnt execute...watching it live seemed like he said little to nothing to help the kid out

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
            yea but he trained Floyd since his pro debut so he had some to do with it
            you would have thought Roger or Floyd would have got one trainer of the year award....they trained the best fighter of this era....well he wasnt beloved so its justified I guess...accolades are popularity contests nowadays and that was evident with how many Roach has even in years where he lost the big fights

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
              hes probably worse than freddie.. hes full of shlt at least freddie can occasionally keep it real.. and has more than 1 fighter
              That Pac heavybag. lololol

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                I give Floyd Sr credit for teaching Floyd the fundamentals early on in his career.

I've watched almost every single Floyd fight and I have never heard Roger give Floyd any type of sound advice.
                keep doing what you doing floyd

back that MFer up

lol

why do people act like floyd woke up an all time great...if it wasnt for his dad and uncle he would be where he is today, yet any decent fighter's trainer gets credit
                Last edited by therealpugilist; 03-29-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I like Abel when he's not playing the role of Freddie Roach Jr.,

When he's not playing the role he actually really humble and gives a great opinion. The guy trained Terry Norris and a couple other notable fighters so he knows his stuff

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Sanchez doesnt have a deep stable

Nor does he any fighters that he built from the amatuers up or turned pro with little am experience

Sanchez is a decent trainer but he is beginning to become this guru to the media...which he isnt

GGG was going to be a successful fighter, with or without him...300 amatuer fights, silver medal.....already had good skills and power, hasnt changed much under Sanchez' guidance

what do you guys think
                    No.

Roach had guys like Tyson, Toney and Pacquiao - guys with ATG talent who are first ballot HOF'ers.

Who in the hell is the Triple Duck? I'm not sure he qualifies as someone who can "fight" because we have yet to see him in one. Guys like Tyson, Toney and Pacquiao - at the height of their powers - were LEAGUES ahead of a prospect like Bumlovkin. Lets not kid ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      No.

Roach had guys like Tyson, Toney and Pacquiao - guys with ATG talent who are first ballot HOF'ers.

Who in the hell is the Triple Duck? I'm not sure he qualifies as someone who can "fight" because we have yet to see him in one. Guys like Tyson, Toney and Pacquiao - at the height of their powers - were LEAGUES ahead of a prospect like Bumlovkin. Lets not kid ourselves.
                      All the guys you named were champions before they got to roach....ijs

Comment

Working...
                      X