Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got rocked and concussed sparring without a mouthguard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theGr8test View Post
    It seems as if boxing gyms still use headgear, but im seeing more and more MMA gyms sparring whether its boxing or MT without headgear.

any reasoning to this?
    A lot of these Mma gyms and the guys who trian still haven't learned that training and sparring isn't an actual fight, and you can't go that hard everyday/every week, taking that kind of punishment.

It's really no wonder Mma has such a high injury rate, and so many UFC fighters are on juice.

They simply wear and beat there bodies down.

Comment

It seems as if boxing gyms still use headgear, but im seeing more and more MMA gyms sparring whether its boxing or MT without headgear.

any reasoning to this?
      A lot of these Mma gyms and the guys who trian still haven't learned that training and sparring isn't an actual fight, and you can't go that hard everyday/every week, taking that kind of punishment.

It's really no wonder Mma has such a high injury rate, and so many UFC fighters are on juice.

Comment

any reasoning to this?
        Overall boxers still take more shots to the head than MMA guys since there are fewer scoring areas and fewer ways to actually end a fight

Comment

Horrible. Mouthpiece or no contact...

Dumb trainer

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post

it also seems at most MMA gym sparring videos I watch, whether it's MT or Boxing, it's often two people with no technique just beat the crap out of each other.

Comment

it also seems at most MMA gym sparring videos I watch, whether it's MT or Boxing, it's often two people with no technique just beat the crap out of each other.
              Ya when I trained at fight house in NYC, they trained Mma there too, and I Would watch between rounds.

They had a bunch of guys in the ring at once practicing Training defense while in the guard position.

All of a sudden this guy just starts hammer fisting this dude in the face with regulation Mma gloves, and the trainer didn't even say anything.

It was the dumbest ish I ever seen in martial art training, completely pointless.

Comment

Working...
              X