No announcement yet.

Marquez Is Comfortable With 144; Pacquiao Is 145

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Yeah and Oscar was in the best shape of his life vs. Pac.

His words, not mine.

JMM knows he will only get the fight at 144 because Pac is a cherry picker.
    floyd fought him at 144 to tho burner..than didnt make weight

Comment

did i see "*******s"????

wtf is wrong with some people. manny is up there with the greatest fighters in history - EASILY! floyd is his btch and has been. he knows it. if floyd wants to be a man, he will fight pac. if not - enough goddamned discussion already.

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
        weight has nothing to do with both fights. it's the styes of these fighters that made the difference.

in general, boxers prefer to counter than move forward. jmm is a counterpuncher. so is floyd. marquez was forced to fight like pac in the floyd fight. he was the aggressor and floyd will never fight like that.

in contrast, pac is willing to come forward simply because nobody else will. the fight will be boring as hell. and you know pac. he resents it when the figth is being booed. floyd don't give a crap. so pac does it at his own peril.
        QFA right here.

Comment

boxing is slow right now! the only people pac has with names are either old, coming off suspensions, or damaged! not his fault. he gives us entertainment!.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Yeah and Oscar was in the best shape of his life vs. Pac.

His words, not mine.

JMM knows he will only get the fight at 144 because Pac is a cherry picker.
            Oscar challenged Pac at 147 dude. He was the one calling the shots at that time and Pac simply took the challenge.

Oscar was the one who cherry picked Pac. boxing experts went so far as to call it a circus, with Pac assumed to be the one slaughtered.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              Bulking up/lowering down to 135 for the scales, then adding 9lbs of water weight is what Marquez is comfortable with.

Bulking up to 144lbs for the scale is a whole different story.
              so what's stopping Marquez from doing that very same thing for this fight?

assuming he'd weigh around 144 at fight night and pac would weight about 148 or 149, that would be about 5 lbs weight difference between them.

is that an overwheming advantage? is that weight disparity so great that it warrants being called a crap fight?

Comment

Just did a little
                Digging and not my best as I couldn't be ****ed to find what Pacquiao was in ring vs Oscar, Clottey, or Mosley (first WW fight, first 147 pound limit, and last fight - a good range of his true size.) but know he was never very big. I know Manny was 148 in-ring against Antonio Margarito for a 150 pound fight. I found that Marquez was 146 in the ring against Mayweather and 145 in his last fight against Michael Katsidis.

This tells me that both Pacquiao and Marquez are roughly the same size; walking around as Welterweights or maybe a little more for Pacquiao. I can guarantee that there will be less than a five pound "real weight" difference inside the ring.

The only reason why you can't call walking around weight a natural weight is because everybody goes down to weight classes much lower than walking around weight. Yuriorkis Gamboa could be a Lightweight and just as good as he is now... except he'd he'd be fighting guys that are Welterweights and Junior Middleweights. Brandon Rios can make 135 but he will weigh 156 pounds during the fight. There's a large difference in a Brandon Rios VS Yuriorkis Gamboa fight and a fight between two guys that walk around, weigh in, and fight at roughly the same size as Pacquiao and Marquez will.

Let's add that Marquez will be tuning up between fights at 140 or higher. For the sake of the argument every little bit helps.

If Pacquiao beats Marquez, or even (somewhat expectedly) demolishes Marquez at Welterweight then that isn't because he's a fraud or a cherry picker. It's because he's a better fighter at Welterweight and just simply a better fighter because he can be better at Welterweight.

This isn't Marquez moving up to fight at a weight higher than he has come into the ring as or fighting a guy that will simply "check in" to the weight class. It's pure spin doctoring to say the fight is a "farce". I think it's almost a tipping of the hand that people feel Manny should HAVE to move down weight classes to "even" the fight up as if it's not fair that Manny is as skilled as he is. It's like saying if Floyd was a real man he'd fight blindfolded to even his fights up or that Wlad should tie his left hand to his back to make things a little more square. Ridiculous.

PS: Especially with people obligating Floyd and Manny to have to move up to 160 pounds or at least meet a 160 pounder for an aforementioned "weight class check in and check out" fight at "154" pounds with Sergio Martinez despite the fact they'd be fighting as Junior Middles VS a Super Middle in ring. Somehow this is more fair than Marquez and Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  Bulking up/lowering down to 135 for the scales, then adding 9lbs of water weight is what Marquez is comfortable with.

Bulking up to 144lbs for the scale is a whole different story.
                  This is what i've been saying all along, the biggest mistake that Marquez did in the Floyd fight was when he tried to bulk up to match Floyd's physic, meat for meat, that made him fat, sluggish and slow, he was maybe around 148-149lbs at fight night.. What Marquez should do with the Manny fight is come in at the weigh in at around 135-138lbs, his desired weight as a lightweight or LWW.. so at fight night Marquez should be at his ussual healthy 144lbs, while Manny will be at around 148lbs.. This should somehow equalize evrything...

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Will they claim the victory above what it really is because of the weight ?

Thats the issue with Pac , its like set up the win and claim the biggest of victory its just a false deal , just fight JMM in a even fight , WTF does Pac need to CW him for to the point it will handicap him .

145 for Cotto , 144 for JMM ,,,, come on its bull**** !
                    What weight do you want the fight to happen at?

Comment

So your saying Floyd gets full credit for beating Marquez 12-0 then?

And if not because a pound or two makes such a huge difference.. then surely you can't be giving pac much credit for beating Cotto? his only good win since marquez

Comment

Working...
                      X