Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starting to lose massive interest in boxing....anyone else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to lose massive interest in boxing....anyone else?

boxing just isn't the same as the old days. anyone agree?

Definitely.... I read all the news ten times over watched all recent fights over again but it's just like....meh....but it's happened throughout history...just gotta be patient as many legendary fights will happen

Comment

Not at all.

Watch Thurman vs. Porter then come back.

Comment

No. I'm loving it. I'm not thrilled by some of the matchmaking but it's no different than any other year. Every year that goes by people say, "Boxing sucks now, I'm getting bored" but it's really not changing that much. This year is decent.
        Kov/Ward, Santa/Frampton, Wlad/Fury 2, Thurman/Porter, Salido/Vargas, Crawford/Postol, and more TBA. not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          No. I'm loving it. I'm not thrilled by some of the matchmaking but it's no different than any other year. Every year that goes by people say, "Boxing sucks now, I'm getting bored" but it's really not changing that much. This year is decent.
          Kov/Ward, Santa/Frampton, Wlad/Fury 2, Thurman/Porter, Salido/Vargas, Crawford/Postol, and more TBA. not bad at all.
          Brother, I watch amature Japanese boxing when I can. I couldn't care less if it is dying or not, I was raised up in it, and am stuck with it.

My j girl laughs and delights in my ability to find out when young unknown Japanese amature boxers are fighting, but know nothing of j pop culture. Or AKB 48.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            Brother, I watch amature Japanese boxing when I can. I couldn't care less if it is dying or not, I was raised up in it, and am stuck with it.

My j girl laughs and delights in my ability to find out when young unknown Japanese amature boxers are fighting, but know nothing of j pop culture. Or AKB 48.
            That's true love for the sport. Wish my girl followed boxing. She knows the big names and watches the 24/7 stuff but when the fight is on I have to remind her which fighter she likes and dislikes.

Comment

That's true love for the sport. Wish my girl followed boxing. She knows the big names and watches the 24/7 stuff but when the fight is on I have to remind her which fighter she likes and dislikes.
              My girl prentends to watch, but she has big melons and cooks good Mexican food for a non Mexican. So I give her a pass. Plus, she doesn't sound like a Latina woman.

Her female friends ask her, where is your man now???

She says, the "Teiken Boxing Gym" in kagurazaka.

He is a idiot Mexican American Jew, who loves boxing. His mistress is boxing.

My girl told me that her friends say, " sugoii(wonderful). I wish my man was like that."

But, before I could feel prideful, she made me pick up jhonny's turds....

But, hey, it is what it is.,. At least my lil dog loves boxing.

My girl did enjoy one fight.

It was on TV in Tokyo, chocolatito vs Takayama, we laughed and enjoyed that fight together...

I wasn't ignored that night!

Comment

Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
                Not at all.

I see where the guy in coming from though, and my interest is starting to wane and I've been a fan since I was a boy, I will never totally lose interest, I still check NSB everyday and watch fights. Thurman-Porter type fights where they are exciting and actually mean something are become rarer as the years go on.

I have no desire to stay up till half 5 in the morning to watch what is typically a mismatch as is becoming the case. I will watch them the day after and keep up with UK boxing.

I mean I was thinking about to 2009 when we had Marquez-Diaz/Casamayor, Williams-Martinez, Maidana-Ortiz, Berto-Collazo, Dunne-Cordoba, Pacquiao-Cotto/Hatton, Mosley-Margarito, Cotto-Clottey, Donaire-Montiel, Perez-Agbeko, Froch-Taylor and you even had Floyd come out of 'retirement' and surprise great fights like Lopez-Mtagwa, Pascal-Diaconu. Theres more I'm probably forgetting, but the quality and quantity haven't been there for me the last few years.

How many of those moments have we had this year? Thurman-Porter, LSC-Martinez, Vargas-Salido, Loma-Martinez (which was ridiculously one sided but somewhat entertaining)

I love boxing, but I totally see where he is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  I see where the guy in coming from though, and my interest is starting to wane and I've been a fan since I was a boy, I will never totally lose interest, I still check NSB everyday and watch fights. Thurman-Porter type fights where they are exciting and actually mean something are become rarer as the years go on.

I have no desire to stay up till half 5 in the morning to watch what is typically a mismatch as is becoming the case. I will watch them the day after and keep up with UK boxing.

I mean I was thinking about to 2009 when we had Marquez-Diaz/Casamayor, Williams-Martinez, Maidana-Ortiz, Berto-Collazo, Dunne-Cordoba, Pacquiao-Cotto/Hatton, Mosley-Margarito, Cotto-Clottey, Donaire-Montiel, Perez-Agbeko, Froch-Taylor and you even had Floyd come out of 'retirement' and surprise great fights like Lopez-Mtagwa, Pascal-Diaconu. Theres more I'm probably forgetting, but the quality and quantity haven't been there for me the last few years.

How many of those moments have we had this year? Thurman-Porter, LSC-Martinez, Vargas-Salido, Loma-Martinez (which was ridiculously one sided but somewhat entertaining)

I love boxing, but I totally see where he is coming from.
                  Oh yeah, I understand you, same as me (I live in Spain).

I didn't live (but I watched them though) this golden era of boxing in 2009 that you mention and I understand you. It is hard to stay awake with the García vs. Salka type of fights; I did it because I lived in the night since 2012 (university) however now I'm in the same position as you so probably I'm gonna star miss some fights, however this is not a problem because I can watch perfectly next day in HD with torrent downloading.

In your case if you are paying BoxNation perhaps it hurts to you not watching it live in HD.

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by BoliviaChiLEsp View Post
                    Not at all.

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Originally posted by 80sboxingrules View Post
                    boxing just isn't the same as the old days. anyone agree?

Comment

Working...
                    X