No announcement yet.

You can not build up huge fights until a fighter builds himself up first

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    These fighters these days take 0 risks period, they have **** resumes and have not done anything close to great but want great paydays...I blame the media for glorifying fighters just like the NBA did Stephon Curry(yea he won a title but every team he played was injured especially the point guard)say what you may about Mayweather and Manny but THEY PROVED THEMSELVES 10 TIMES OVER!!! These fighters want the glory without the journey!!! How can you build a big fight when neither fighter has taken the risk to be big?...
    what fighter or fighters are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Deontay Wilder
      Anthony Joshua
      Grigory Drozd
      Adonis Stevenson
      Julio Cezar Chaves Jr
      Gilberto Ramirez
      Gennady Golovkin
      Billy Joe Saunders
      Peter Quillin
      Danny Jacobs
      Canelo Alvarez
      Esilandy Lara
      Kell Brook
      Adrien Broner
      Amir Khan
      Vasyl Lomachenko
      Nicholas Walters
      Leo Santa Cruz
      Lee Selby
      Gary Russell Jr.
      Roman Gonzalez

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        Deontay Wilder
        Anthony Joshua
        Grigory Drozd
        Adonis Stevenson
        Julio Cezar Chaves Jr
        Gilberto Ramirez
        Gennady Golovkin
        Billy Joe Saunders
        Peter Quillin
        Danny Jacobs
        Canelo Alvarez
        Esilandy Lara
        Kell Brook
        Adrien Broner
        Amir Khan
        Vasyl Lomachenko
        Nicholas Walters
        Leo Santa Cruz
        Lee Selby
        Gary Russell Jr.
        Roman Gonzalez
        You like listing names but never seem to provide any context, what am I supposed to do, applaud you on your list making skills unibrow?

Also, I asked larryxxx...

Anyway, I was sure this had something to do with GGG, for some reason he is the next target for the "home boys" from the "hood".

What I can't figure out, what "huge fight" we're actually talking about. Canelo? The guy was lineal champion, by every fan and experts reckoning, GGG was/is the man to beat in the division, arguably the best or second best guy (depending how one may have ranked Canelo at the time).

This isn't a "huge" fight that needs a "build up", it's a common sense match up that should have happened already. Or GGG v Cotto. Did Khan deserve a shot at the lineal middleweight title over GGG? Or did Geale when Cotto was champ? Is that the type of build up we want these days?

Also, why is Stevenson mentioned? Or Wilder? Or LSC?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          DSG keep proving people wrong and will do so again @ 147 hes been beefing with Thurman thats the #1 welter at the moment as far as Im concern...we just seen Thurman vs. Porter two top 5 guys....Spence is going to become mandatory for the IBF or WBO ( Brook-Vargas), Amir Khan is going to make a return to 147...Sammy V, Frankie Gomez are making moves up the rankings..Benavidez Jr is making his way up to Keith Thurman -- pay attention...its getting real serious.
          What I was saying is there's no more big fights left comparable to fighting Pac or May in the division Garcia and others are in. They have no choice but to fight each other. Fights that are not as big as boxing superbowls.

This TS must be referring to a Canelo fight. Or Cotto. No one even comes close.

Comment

You like listing names but never seem to provide any context, what am I supposed to do, applaud you on your list making skills unibrow?

Anyway, I was sure this had something to do with GGG, for some reason he is the next target for the "home boys" from the "hood".

What I can't figure out, what "huge fight" we're actually talking about. Canelo? The guy was lineal champion, by every fan and experts reckoning, GGG was/is the man to beat in the division, arguably the best or second best guy (depending how one may have ranked Canelo at the time).

This isn't a "huge" fight that needs a "build up", it's a common sense match up that should have happened already. Or GGG v Cotto. Did Khan deserve a shot at the lineal middleweight title over GGG? Or did Geale when Cotto was champ? Is that the type of build up we want these days?

a lot of nsb people have recurring GGG nightmares.

Comment

True but it's still a 2 way street. A fighter has to be capable of getting to big fights and the promoter has to steer him into a path that gets him prepared for that big fight. If a promoter throws you in with 25 bums or bs caliber opponents you will not be ready for that big fight in fight #26. And there is probably more of that going on these days as promoters overly protect their investments these days vs the old days cuz they believe the sexier the record is the more that fighter will be worth. And largely that probably is correct, but then again Manny Pacquiao had a unsexy record for an elite boxer in this era and made the 2nd biggest money for a fight in boxing history so obviously there is more going on than just a sexy record.

Comment

Mayweather and the flo mos's fault. Darkside won, this is the result.

Comment

Who exactly are the ones looking for a big fight? We can only assume a big fight refers to a Cotto or Canelo considering the other 2 superstars are retired.

Spence mentioned Canelo. Who else? There's Lara who wants a rematch. Golovkin wants Canelo. Lately, we heard Jacobs mentioning Canelo's name. Who else?

Comment

**** pick one

Comment

wtf does that even mean? please **** off with all your GGG racist ass defense..

Comment

Working...
                      X