Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is bodybuilding the ideal self defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is bodybuilding the ideal self defense?

While in a fight, boxing is great. Problem is, not alot of street thugs, drunk people, wont know you are a good boxer.

Most dumb people think if you got muscles, you win fights. Which is why most dumb people pick on smaller people, even if they gots skillz.

So normally people wont mess with a ripped 240lb guy, and anyone with training to beat him (like a trained boxer) isnt usually the type of person to start beef.

Any thoughts?

But then you have the guys who will deliberately start **** with someone that big just to prove something.

Comment

No it will make you slow, It may intimidate people but it is certainly not ideal for self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by REASON * View Post
        No it will make you slow, It may intimidate people but it is certainly not ideal for self defense.
        bwahahahaahahaahaaaa

Comment

It depends, obviously being stronger will help a lot, plus the usual guys who start fights are 150lb kids who wont want anything to do with some 230-240lb meathead, the bad thing is though you attract the really tough guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
            But then you have the guys who will deliberately start **** with someone that big just to prove something.
            good point, these things slip my mind.

Originally posted by REASON *
            Yeah I'm just thinking the intimidation factor. The before the fight even begins kind of thing. Otherwise Mariuz Pudzianowski would be an MMA Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoy69 View Post
              bwahahahaahahaahaaaa
              Snitch..........

Comment

When I see big buff dudes I have strong urges to punch them in the mouth.

Comment

No.........

Comment

No, MMA is.

Takedown>Anything else, even a tank.

like if a tank was coming at you firing off rockets, and you got some mma training.

Takedown, submission = fight over.

Comment

Working...
                    X