Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko said he plans to dominate for 10 more years. Can he do it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko said he plans to dominate for 10 more years. Can he do it?

He has been a champ for a total 11 years and he has something like 16 consecutive and 21 total title defenses. If he fights for 10 more years x2 per year, then he will end up with something like a total 20 years being a champ and 40 title defenses. No heavyweight can even come close to such reign and dominance. The worst part of this is that no serious fan will dare to say that he fought in a weak era because his lifespan as a champ will include 4 different decades: 90's, 00's, 10's, 20's.

How could any serious fan consider an era of four decades weak? That sounds as a lame excuse to me already. I am not particularly crazy about Wladimir Klitschko, but I find his reign and dominance very impressive.

He's absolutely capable of that, IMO.

Not only is he a superior technician to everybody else in his division, but he's a superior athlete, as well. Couple that with the state that the Heavyweight division is in right now (and has been for the last decade) and it's easy to envision him ruling for another 10 years, should he opt to do so, that is.

Comment

Dunno. His insane conditioning has always been his bread and butter. 6'6" 240 lbs with a better physique then many welterweights, pretty much always the best cardio in the ring, excellent gameplans/discipline (which has made for some very boring fights where he takes zero chances and makes me like Vitali much more).

It's hard to keep that physical advantage up as you get older. Once his body slows down its much easier for someone to come up over his jab and land that one big punch.

As for the other thing: He is a white European HW champion so if you ever think certain people will give him credit regardless of what era he fights in you probably haven't lived around those people. He could save their baby from a burning building and they would just spit on the ground and walk off. I doubt he cares.

Comment

he was never champ in the 90's so strike that. he never fought the other best fighter of the 00's so strike that. he's been lineal champ for a grand total of 1 fight so you can't compare that to louis' 25 linear title defenses unless you are saying paper belts are worth as much as lineal defenses. basically try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
          Dunno. His insane conditioning has always been his bread and butter. 6'6" 240 lbs with a better physique then many welterweights, pretty much always the best cardio in the ring, excellent gameplans/discipline (which has made for some very boring fights where he takes zero chances and makes me like Vitali much more).

It's hard to keep that physical advantage up as you get older. Once his body slows down its much easier for someone to come up over his jab and land that one big punch.

As for the other thing: He is a white European HW champion so if you ever think certain people will give him credit regardless of what era he fights in you probably haven't lived around those people. He could save their baby from a burning building and they would just spit on the ground and walk off. I doubt he cares.
          really? i can remember 2 fights where he gassed and was ktfo. oh you mean his insane clinching has always been his bread and butter.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            really? i can remember 2 fights where he gassed and was ktfo. oh you mean his insane clinching has always been his bread and butter.
            if he doesn't say it i will,
            " his insane clinching has always been his bread and butter. "

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              Your posts never seem to have much of a point. I don't remember saying he never gets tired or has never been knocked down.

What other fighter that size has the conditioning Wlad does though? He has holes in his defense but they usually don't become a factor because his opponents tire out faster than he does. As he gets older and loses his physical dominance those holes could become a factor.

I'm not even praising/bashing him, just responding to the idea of him going 10 more years, but I understand you have a forum gimmick so do your thing.
              Last edited by Fr3$h; 04-20-2014, 05:20 PM.

Comment

He Absolutely cannot. Dont be silly.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                  He's absolutely capable of that, IMO.

Not only is he a superior technician to everybody else in his division, but he's a superior athlete, as well. Couple that with the state that the Heavyweight division is in right now (and has been for the last decade) and it's easy to envision him ruling for another 10 years, should he opt to do so, that is.
                  That sounds incredibly far-fetched and not likely at all IMO. He's shown signs of declining in his last fights and add to that the good talent that's coming through at the moment.. Plus he hasn't faced top opposition in 3 years anyway.

Of course he can keep "dominating" the division against guys like Leapai and Pianeta and Wach and Mormeck. I think the top 10 is a different story.

Comment

No. I expect him to a Houdini once The Furious one deals with Chisora and comes looking for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X