Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do fighters hype up unproven fighters,yet criticize proven fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Like Canelo?
    hey russian, whats poppin. what happened to Matthysse?

Comment

People like to root for the underdogs. When a fighter show potentional but isn't one of the major stars and is unproven he's an underdog. Maybe it's just human nature...

Comment

Because proven guys are also proven usually to have some weakness and a boxing head will bring it up an talk about it in context. Impressionable people will take those points and run with them to high heaven taking them far out of context.

These impressionable fans will then take positives from an unknown guy and do the same thing because even the boxing heads don't know the weaknesses with great certainty yet.

It is all past of being a young boxing fan really, you need to let them learn from their mistakes and hope they learn to sharpen their eyes. It cna take a long time though~

Comment

They're held to a different standard...That's the only argument I can think of. Eventually, all these hyped up fighters will either crossover where they actually begin to receive a lot of criticism or they'll lose one fight and be labeled bums. That's the pattern on here.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            why you hating on GGG?

you dont like people getting excited over something in boxing?

or you hating because people are mentioning him as a Floyd opponent?
            I dont hate him,i watch all his fights..but damn dont praise him and hate on Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
              I dont hate him,i watch all his fights..but damn dont praise him and hate on Floyd

why can't i hate on Floyd and praise GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                why can't i hate on Floyd and praise GGG?
                Well you can, but it would probably be funny and clever. Most dudes who do it are young rookies in the fight watching game, which you are not thus almost anything you say would come in context.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Well you can, but it would probably be funny and clever. Most dudes who do it are young rookies in the fight watching game, which you are not thus almost anything you say would come in context.
                  I disagree the guy above you is an ******* who knows nothing about this sport! Probably one of the idiots who think the Garcia-Matthysse fight was close.
                  The type to call Floyd a runner and in the same breath praise Manny.P performance over a shot to pieces Margarito.

Comment

same reason, you called Morales and Barrera bums but said Berto was a beast going into the Guerrero fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X