No announcement yet.

wanna start boxing...tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna start boxing...tips?

how do i start? i wanna learn punching techniques and i saw some boxing clubs next to my gym but for half of the training they just do bw pushups, squats, running in circles and some weird **** and for the rest of the time they actaully do some punching. is this how boxing training looks like? i just don't wanna pay overpriced bull**** instructions.
    btw, i'm bbing for about 1 year, so i'm familiar with lifting, and i'm in shape strenght wise.

Originally posted by truealpha View Post
    how do i start? i wanna learn punching techniques and i saw some boxing clubs next to my gym but for half of the training they just do bw pushups, squats, running in circles and some weird **** and for the rest of the time they actaully do some punching. is this how boxing training looks like? i just don't wanna pay overpriced bull**** instructions.
    btw, i'm bbing for about 1 year, so i'm familiar with lifting, and i'm in shape strenght wise.
    1st tip dont call yourself true alpha unless you know how to box.

Comment

start with a class

Walk into one of those gyms and look at the class schedule. They probably have "cardio boxing" and "boxing" classes. Cardio is for getting in shape while boxing and boxing will be more focused on boxing. Nothing wrong with starting with either one of them. If you like it, you'll find a way to get more specific instruction, either doing some one-on-one with a boxing trainer or the right class for you.

I started with cardio classes and am now sparring 4-5 days a week and getting ready for my first amateur fight in a few months.

Comment

Join a gym.

if you're not in shape, get in shape by walking, playing ball, something.

then;

JOIN A GYM!

Comment

here's my tip for you, just go do it. Everybody can talk the **** but so few just go there to actually do the ****. Don't be the common man. They talk about extreme sports like jumping out of an airplane on a snow board as being extreme, lmao they have parachutes, that ain't nothing as extreme as you will see in your stroll down this road. This is 'the' extreme sport, I hope that you will go find out for yourself and I hope that you flourish within the anarchy that you wlll find between those bells.

Long Live Boxing............. Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 09-10-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Out of all 6 different sports i have practiced Boxing is by far the hardest.

Tip? Get in the gym and start training.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              Out of all 6 different sports i have practiced Boxing is by far the hardest.

Tip? Get in the gym and start training.
              Yup, easily the hardest............ Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X