No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Hunting For More TV Dates, Adding Lee Selby

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Hunting For More TV Dates, Adding Lee Selby

Matchroom’s Eddie Hearn is on the hunt for even more Sky TV dates. Matchroom have an exclusive deal with the subscription broadcaster, which currently stands at 20 shows per year, but with six of the dates earmarked for the Prizefighter format the current allocation doesn’t provide enough action for hard-core fans. Hearn is now striving to add more dates to accommodate a stable of fighters that is growing by the day, and will be boosted by the addition of British and Commonwealth featherweight titlist Lee Selby at a press conference on Wednesday.

[Click Here To Read More]

30 dates would be good, but surely too many? i reckon 25 would be more appropriate.... that said, some small hall shows would be good and give exposure...

Comment

Originally posted by simonihirst View Post
      30 dates would be good, but surely too many? i reckon 25 would be more appropriate.... that said, some small hall shows would be good and give exposure...
      give Hearn 25 and allocate 5 more for shows by other promoters (like Hatton) that sky deem worthy of being broadcast

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        give Hearn 25 and allocate 5 more for shows by other promoters (like Hatton) that sky deem worthy of being broadcast
        This is exactly what they should do. Im a fan of Matchroom and the life they're breathing into the British fight game but its not right that Sky only show their cards...

Comment

Sky's current schedule looks pretty pathetic. I realise we are in a poor economy but still, WTF!
          People (myself included) give Frank warren plenty of stick but if it wasn't for BoxNation boxing coverage in the UK really would be dismal.

Comment

Its funny that Sky are always banging the drum over fights not getting made due to tensions with promoters, yet they really put a spanner in the works by giving Matchroom that massive deal and effectively cutting everyone else off which obviously didnt help the situation.

If Eddie hearn wants more dates, Sky will almost certainly give them to him. If he put on a card in which the main event was Eddie being spit roasted by Johnny Nelson and Adam Smith, they would put it on Sky Box Office for ****s sake. Matchroom produce a lot of content for Sky Sports other than boxing and that doesnt look like it will change anytime soon.

Comment

I'm certain it would be Adam Smith getting spit roasted in that disgusting scenario you dreamt up.
              He looks like a "taker" to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mattr View Post
                I'm certain it would be Adam Smith getting spit roasted in that disgusting scenario you dreamt up.
                He looks like a "taker" to me.
                Well I predict Nelson to win that one by late stoppage, due to Smith suffering excessive blood loss.

At least he went out stinging.

Comment

Working...
                X