No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran Feels Pacquiao Will Select Fourth Marquez Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    the 3 fights have been very good, but im sick of this recycled BS. i wont be buying it. why does pacquiao have to fight on november 10? why cant he negotiate a fight with floyd in december or later?
    Cause Bob Arums Stadium will be built by then..

Comment

This fight is lose-lose for Pacquiao, if he gets beat (and the judges call it fair) then thats 2 defeats on the spin and he is past it. If he wins then Marquez is past it and already beat him 3 times anyway. I don't think the fight sells big PPV numbers either.

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarlos83 View Post
        This fight is lose-lose for Pacquiao, if he gets beat (and the judges call it fair) then thats 2 defeats on the spin and he is past it. If he wins then Marquez is past it and already beat him 3 times anyway. I don't think the fight sells big PPV numbers either.
        It will only do big numbers if it's in Mexico. I don't really see Bradley doing big numbers, unless there's still that whole robbery stigma attached to it.

Comment

Pacquiao Needs To Take Out Bradley First; Have Cotto & Marquez Fight Each Other!

Cotto has no excuses to getting stopped by Pacquiao. Be accountable; you lost. JMM has no excuses; he had THREE shots and wasn't good enough to be considered the winner. SO, either pit Cotto and Marquez against each other and give the winner another shot at Pacquiao OR Cotto can go war with Canelo and Marquez can go fight Erik Morales who he's ducked an entire career! Pacquiao has his own unfinished business drumming Bradley again to gain back the title Nevada stole from him.

Comment

My Favorite Legends

Muhammad Ali
            Larry Holmes
            Mike Tyson
            Evander Holyfield
            Ray Leonard
            Tommy Hearns
            Marvin Hagler
            Bernard Hopkins
            Alexis Arguello
            Salvador Sanchez
            Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr
            Manny Pacquiao

Comment

who the hell wants to watch this fight again, give it a rest already!!!.. instead of picking a new opponent you go out and recycled the same fight over and over again.. guess i'll be streaming this

Comment

What happens if there is another controversial decision? Will they fight a fifth time? It goes on and on.

Pleeease stop calling Pacquiao P4P number one. This dude has gotten a ridiculous pass from the media the last few years. The guy is full of excuses, but everybody loves him because he plays dumb.

Comment

the third marquez fight was not terrific.

pacquiao's the guy who made the first two fights exciting. against other fighters, marquez has a great style. he can stand his ground and take advantage of the opportunities they give to throw combinations and do damage.

against pacquiao he looks for one or two counterpunches. that's all he does. opening up gets him dropped. pacquiao's also got such a good chin that he hardly puts a dent in him at these higher weights. counterpunch. win the rounds on an unbiased scorecard. the first two fights were close and you have to respect the decision of the judges, the third was all but a blowout for marquez.
                  i consistently get 9-3 and 8-4. i've probably seen the fight at least five times now. it's a boring fight. even if you give every close round to pacquiao it's still only a draw.

it's because pacquiao is fading that the third fight was not as good. he's got to be the one pushing a hard pace and landing shots as the aggressor for the fight to be exciting. marquez wants it dull as possible. it's the only way he can win, and in the end, counterpunching is what he does best.
                  it's alway been that way. since '04. can marquez keep away from the left hand, and can he land his right.

it's hard to believe that their first fight was eight more than eight years ago.
                  Last edited by New England; 08-07-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Pac's PPV numbers are really going to take a hit in his next fight. The little negotiating leverage he has at the table vs Mayweather will dramatically drop even more and the little hype that remains will dwindle down.

His star power will basically be a thing of the past. His fans will jump ship, all while Bob Arum coming out and publicly announcing that for business purposes he kept Pac away from Mayweather.

However for Pac's last fight Bob will finally agree to a Mayweather fight and I wouldn't be surprised if he discredits Pac after the fact to down play a Mayweather victory. Bob will then feed the media fresh BS that Floyd is terrified of Bradley and that Floyd is a coward for ducking Bradley since the day Timmy signed with Top Rank. Certain boxing fans will buy into this stock and the process starts all over again. Same **** different day!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Pac's PPV numbers are really going to take a hit in his next fight. The little negotiating leverage he has at the table vs Mayweather will dramatically drop even more and the little hype that remains will dwindle down.

His star power will basically be a thing of the past. His fans will jump ship, all while Bob Arum coming out and publicly announcing that for business purposes he kept Pac away from Mayweather.

However for Pac's last fight Bob will finally agree to a Mayweather fight and I wouldn't be surprised if he discredits Pac after the fact to down play a Mayweather victory. Bob will then feed the media fresh BS that Floyd is terrified of Bradley and that Floyd is a coward for ducking Bradley since the day Timmy signed with Top Rank.
                      Pac is not the one being called a coward, so Pac losing some PPV won't hurt. Floyd having a legacy of avoidance and preservation will have a lasting sting.

Keep on ducking Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X