No announcement yet.

The hate for Rigondeaux is laughable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Does he really look like he has a 10lb weight disadvantage?
    well concepcion weighed in as a super bantamweight whereas donaire weighed in at the super flyweight limit...and concepcion did fight at super featherweight a couple fights prior to the donaire fight (so he can balloon up in weight) and donaire looks about 121-122 lbs in this fight (if you compare his weigh-in photos at super bantamweight)
    Last edited by Bermuda; 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      well concepcion weighed in as a super bantamweight whereas donaire weighed in at the super flyweight limit...and concepcion did fight at super featherweight a couple fights prior to the donaire fight (so he can balloon up in weight) and donaire looks about 122-121 lbs in this fight (if you compare his weigh-in photos at super bantamweight)

He did come in over though Donaire is known to rehydrate a lot, I actually do believe he doesn't rehydrate crazy amounts anymore for the record.

I just don't think its fair that fighters aren't discredited and such by the same standards.
      I mean people still bring up the Cordoba fight and all this. They say Rigo is boring when Donaire himself has been in a fair few snoozers.

If Conception (regardless of the weight) gave Rigondeaux a tough fight like I am sure you could admit he would get loads of hate for it! NSB would be going crazy over it.

I think a lot is double standards myself & I really do feel a lot of stuff Rigondeaux gets accused of, Donaire has been guilt of himself but people refuse to acknowledge it.

Comment

no way a fighter of the year is overrated, they're both legit, the well-rounded fighter will win, guess who?

Comment

Not sure about "hate" but i felt annoyed that he tried to play a bigshot when he's not yet a bigshot.
          750k is more than what he deserves and he should snapsign that contract.

I'll root for him because i'm sick of Bob Arum and the way he designs his fighters careers.

Comment

Originally posted by x2sasa View Post
            no way a fighter of the year is overrated, they're both legit, the well-rounded fighter will win, guess who?

I felt he got fighter of the year based more on quantity rather than quality of opposition.

And Rigondeaux will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              Not sure about "hate" but i felt annoyed that he tried to play a bigshot when he's not yet a bigshot.
              750k is more than what he deserves and he should snapsign that contract.

I'll root for him because i'm sick of Bob Arum and the way he designs his fighters careers.

Whilst 750k initially sounds a lot Caribe will take a cut, his trainer, cutsman, etc etc

He maybe lucky to see 400k

Not that much when guys like Bradley are getting well over a million for facing 90yr old Cassamayors.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                It's a damn near 50-50 fight in the thread with the poll about this fight. A lot of people are giving him a great chance.
                This is a good point. The haters are a very vocal minority, making the poll appear surprisingly tight. Most of the cooler heads know Rigo should probably be a slight underdog, but that he's very much a threat to Donaire.

Comment

ya i dont get it either i love watching rigo fight he has ridiculous skill. sometimes i feel im the only one on these forums that like pure defensive boxers anymore boring to some is great entertainment to me. if i wanted to watch 2 un skilled fighters brawl id be a mma fan

Comment

I felt he got fighter of the year based more on quantity rather than quality of opposition.

And Rigondeaux will win.
                    ya i agree he for sure got it on amount of fights he didnt really have a big win this year imo as fare as impressive. he was a huge huge favorite in every fight even arce

Comment

And Rigondeaux will win.
                      You are fighting the good fight, but I don't know how you have the tolerance to debate with people on this site. It's clear that either people don't pay attention or don't know what they are looking at skill wise, so Rigo won't be given much credit until he proves he deserves it with a big win. These same people will turn into fans right after the victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X