No announcement yet.

Who wins these Fights-Who wins this round robin Tourney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins these Fights-Who wins this round robin Tourney

Round Robin Tournament-- Who wins these bouts and ----------- Who wins this tournament ? give reasons--------------------------------------------------1. Joey Maxim vs Tiger Flowers----------------------------------------------2. Georges Carpentier vs Les Darcy------------------------------------------3. Tony Zale vs Bernard Hopkins-------------------------------------------- 4. Gene Fullmer vs Mickey Walker--------------------------------------: NOTE: match all fighters against each Other in a round robin and come up------ with the top two for a 20 rd. clash in the final-------------------------------The FINAL :- A ???? Vs B ??????.......
    Last edited by McGoorty; 07-29-2011, 09:48 AM. Reason: typo

i've GOT to step up on my boxing history.

Comment

hmmm

maxim and flowers is maybe the toughest call
      maxim because he looked like his head was chiseled out of new hampshire granite and nothing is tougher than granite baby!

carpentier
      only because darcy hadn't peaked yet ;-)

hopkins
      pretty easy call, honestly
      huge difference in class. whitewash

walker
      fullmer was very very good but walker was great great great
      so long as he wasn't drunk he'd win on pts

i'll think it over some and come up with a winner when i'm done working for the day

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        hmmm

maxim and flowers is maybe the toughest call
        maxim because he looked like his head was chiseled out of new hampshire granite and nothing is tougher than granite baby!

carpentier
        only because darcy hadn't peaked yet ;-)

hopkins
        pretty easy call, honestly
        huge difference in class. whitewash

walker
        fullmer was very very good but walker was great great great
        so long as he wasn't drunk he'd win on pts

i'll think it over some and come up with a winner when i'm done working for the day
        Thanks mate, I just hope it isn't too hard to read. I don't know how you guys get your threads to display in such good order. I didn't plot it out on the page that way but every time I submit athread it comes out all wonky like that, I'll fix the problem as soon I learn. That's not a bad post by the way and not badly thought out. However I do think Darcy beats Carpentier. The Europeans who fought Darcy thought that Les was too good, even for Carpentier. The more I study Darcy on film the more I'm impressed, in his annihilation of the terrifying McGoorty, Darcy looks like a freakin' genius.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          No worries mate, they are all on Youtube ( apart from Flowers who I don't think has any film of him ) so give them a good look. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            What's up, baya?

You ever hear from Scap?

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
              Round Robin Tournament-- Who wins these bouts and ----------- Who wins this tournament ? give reasons--------------------------------------------------1. Joey Maxim vs Tiger Flowers----------------------------------------------2. Georges Carpentier vs Les Darcy------------------------------------------3. Tony Zale vs Bernard Hopkins-------------------------------------------- 4. Gene Fullmer vs Mickey Walker--------------------------------------: NOTE: match all fighters against each Other in a round robin and come up------ with the top two for a 20 rd. clash in the final-------------------------------The FINAL :- A ???? Vs B ??????.......
              I have MAXIM over FLOWERS by dec.---- DARCY over CARPENTIER by TKO in the late rounds,------- Hopkins by Split decision over 12., But B-Hop would find Zale very tough indeed-------- WALKER by Decision over 20 or 15,.... but only just, Fullmer was a monster in there.

Comment

1. Oh no. I'm going to go with a Flowers UD very fast hands, most notable losses by knockout and I don't see Maxim having the power to KO Flowers.

2. Darcy way too tough and hits way to hard for the skilled but, wiry Carpentier. Darcy KO.

3. Hopkins UD way to good defensively to get tagged consistently by Zale.

4. Tough one, hmmm. Hard to decide. Two tough fighters with Iron Chins coupled with consistent pressure and aggression. Fullmer coped with other aggressive fighters a la Basilio. As did Walker being competitive the the GOAT Harry Greb. I think Walker is a little bit faster and a tad more skilled so I've got to give it to him by SD.

Semi1: Flowers vs Darcy - Darcy cracks Flowers' chin in a competitive contest being won slightly by Flowers at the time of the stoppage.
                Semi2: Hopkins vs Walker: A very tough one, I've got to go with Walker here he beat Master boxers like Slapsie Maxie but, Hopkins keeps it close, competitive decision for Walker

Final: Darcy vs Walker: No-one is getting stopped here, both too tough. Tough match-up to predict, Darcy was a classic boxer punches and Walker was an aggresive bulldog. I'm going with a Walker decision, he takes this on aggression in a very competitive contest.

I know this wasn't the format you wanted the tournament reading back but, this format is a lot easier to give analysis as there are much less fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  1. Oh no. I'm going to go with a Flowers UD very fast hands, most notable losses by knockout and I don't see Maxim having the power to KO Flowers.

2. Darcy way too tough and hits way to hard for the skilled but, wiry Carpentier. Darcy KO.

3. Hopkins UD way to good defensively to get tagged consistently by Zale.

4. Tough one, hmmm. Hard to decide. Two tough fighters with Iron Chins coupled with consistent pressure and aggression. Fullmer coped with other aggressive fighters a la Basilio. As did Walker being competitive the the GOAT Harry Greb. I think Walker is a little bit faster and a tad more skilled so I've got to give it to him by SD.

Semi1: Flowers vs Darcy - Darcy cracks Flowers' chin in a competitive contest being won slightly by Flowers at the time of the stoppage.
                  Semi2: Hopkins vs Walker: A very tough one, I've got to go with Walker here he beat Master boxers like Slapsie Maxie but, Hopkins keeps it close, competitive decision for Walker

Final: Darcy vs Walker: No-one is getting stopped here, both too tough. Tough match-up to predict, Darcy was a classic boxer punches and Walker was an aggresive bulldog. I'm going with a Walker decision, he takes this on aggression in a very competitive contest.

I know this wasn't the format you wanted the tournament reading back but, this format is a lot easier to give analysis as there are much less fights.
                  That Post puts you in the Top 5 CHAMPION Posters in History section History,...... yeah !!!! ..... I liked it.

Comment

Some LES DARCY for you----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X