No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Mike Tyson vs. Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frazier is a slow starter - Tyson comes out like a whirlwind
    Frazier does not have a great chin and walking in (as he would) against a lightning fast murderous puncher like Tyson wouldnt serve him well.
    Joe has great toughness and heart but even if he could keep dragging himself up off the floor early in the fight they'd have to stop it...

Style wise its all wrong for Joe and i love the guy too bits

Comment

Frazier gets destroyed by Tyson's early attack

Tyson is more mobile and far too explosive for the slow starting Frazier to handle ... and no one Tyson's size really has much of a chance against him

He has a better chance than Marvis though

Comment

Tyson in a close fight young Tyson had stamina to go full 12 Frazier is a class act fantastic fight.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
          Don't hold back. Get it all off your chest.

Comment

I'd say it's a toss up. Prime Tyson never faced anybody who hit as hard as Frazier and had as much heart. What happens if Frazier is still there after 5-6 rounds? I could see Tyson falling apart as Frazier gets stronger and starts smoking. I could also see Tyson destroying Frazier early.

Comment

Dream match..Frazier had a iron chin and the heart of a Lion, and had much better stamina than Tyson. Tyson had the hand speed and lethal combos kinda like a bigger version of Floyd Patterson. If Tyson dont get him with in the first 6 rounds Frazier would straight beat him down. Frazier didnt really stay put he came foward moving all the time..Its hard to pick a winner in this one. And Frazier fought in the golden era of heavyweights..Im going with Frazier by late KO

Comment

Mike Tyson by early KO. Joe Frazier was a pressure fighter who did not mind taking punches to land his own punches. That usually worked for him but it did not work against a huge puncher like Foreman. Tyson had the same kind of power Foreman had and faster hands and combinations. Frazier would not be able to take what Tyson would land on him.

Comment

Tyson via early KO I see it coming from the uppercut. Fraizer leaned forward so much and when he went to throw hooks he raise straight up leaving his chin open for the right up Ali tired it but the hook got there first but I don't see that happening this time.

I wonder how Frazier Holmes would play out.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    And you are just an idiot. I mean, why are you insulting him? This guy just gave his opinion about a dreammatch. WTF is your problem. Hate this keyboard warriors.
                    And you are a cheerleader for this Pacquiao fanboy. The only thing worse than being FightingPride, or anybody as stupid as him, is being his cheerleader. Congratulations, you've outdone yourself.

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
                    WTF got this to do with our thread?

and hahaha @ CarlosG815 going OFF on that filipino dude
                    Somebody has to. These idiots run around on this site as they have for years and pretend to be boxing fans when in reality they do not follow the sport, and have only seen Pacquiao fights from 08 to now, and highlight reels from earlier in his career. They can talk about Floyd and Manny all day for all I car, which is what they do, but for them to talk about legendary fighters and ATG's like Tyson, Frazier, Ali, etc. is a disgrace to those fighters and the sport. If Pacquiao fans weren't so stupid I wouldn't need to, but what he said was idiotic and I just called him on it.

Comment

Carlos is right.

How many times can a person read "Tyson and Frazier have similar styles" before losing his mind?

Comment

Working...
                      X