No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder next opponent revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Was he already scheduled in advance to fight on this card? If not, then I don't see why he couldn't have waited 2-3 more months to secure a better opponent.
    I don't see why he can't take this fight to stay busy and still fight a better opponent in 2-3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I don't see why he can't take this fight to stay busy and still fight a better opponent in 2-3 months.
      I'm cool with that too, as long as he does indeed step up. Wilder must not be a happy camper with the stiffs he's being fed.

Comment

This kid needs a NON-televised show with someone who could school him and NOT hurt him at the same time!!!!! That would be a real Professional Opponent!!!

In steps (for a nominal fee ofcourse) Jerry "Whimpy" Halstead!! Jerry could teach this kid more in 5 rounds than he could learn in another 4 years! Ray.

Comment

Im' not surprised. His team knows he's far from ready to step up in class so they keep on feeding him these garbage fighter to make sure he won't suffer a loss. I also think Wilder has a weak chin so they scared he will get KO'd.

Comment

The guy isn't hyped up and he has a 100% KO rating against these so called scrubs so he is obviously performing as expected against them, it's not like he is going life and death with them.

I'm sure he isn't the one deciding who he fights next either, he's probably asking to fight the best TBF but he has to fight who they want him to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              I guessed it would be someone ranked around 300th, I was close

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1893&cat=boxer
              He's gotten his azz kicked by some good fighters at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Someone should do "THE FACTS", Deontay Wilder style.

"Deontay Wilder has faced 26 opponents. All 26 have been knocked the fuck out in brutal fashion. For a KO ratio of 100% Therefore making him the most exciting HW in the history of the division. FACT."
                The FACT is that he hasn't fought anyone with a snowball's chance in hell of beating him. What Wilder has done is the equivalent of a high school senior building a reputation as a bada.ss by beating up on junior high school kids. It is the same thing that Saul Alvarez has done in his career. The difference is that Wilder is still building his career while Alvarez is already a world champion with three or four defenses, but still hasn't fought anyone ranked in the top 10 in his divison. Both will be exposed once they step up and fight guys who are ranked among the top fighters in their division.

Comment

Wilder has become a joke in the sport. No one takes him seriously, I'm not sure he even takes himself seriously.

Comment

Then he's a local hero who can sell some tickets and can be used as a draw so that a show can go on. These type of guys do serve a purpose on a local level and if thats what it is they (management) need to stop the hype. Just be truthfull and sell local tickets if they want to make any moves with this guy, its time!! I found a video of him as an amatuer and just watched a few rounds of him this year and theres obvious improvements but theres NO challenge for this young man. Now if he has NO chin then theres no where to go! Ray.

Comment

Interview with Deontay in his pro debut way back in 1988!

Comment

Working...
                      X