Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins' Most Significant Performance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins' Most Significant Performance?

Remembering Bernard Hopkins: What's His Most Significant Performance?

Whatsup ya'll... I decided to wait a day for all the noise to die down from yesterday and give us (Hopkins and boxing fans in general) a chance to reflect on the career of a future Hall of Famer and ATG. I was sittin down with my brother last night and we were discussing some of BHop's most memorable performances, and decided to share and see what BS posters thought.

What do you think was Hopkins' most significant fight? In terms of relative importance to the sport and cementing his legacy?

I'll probably post up my thoughts in a minute, but since I'm a relatively young fan (22), I'm more interested in hearing about what some of the older fans think and what you guys consider to be hist most impressive performance and why

Also, feel free to share any personal stories or memories of watching the dude fight
    7th Round TKO victory in Mercado rematch
    0.00%
    TKO victory over Tito Trinidad
    63.79%
    9th round KO over De La Hoya
    1.72%
    Beating Howard Eastman for record 20 title defenses
    1.72%
    Beating Kelly Pavlik as a 4:1 underdog
    5.17%
    Beating Jean Pascal to become oldest Champ in history (46)
    24.14%
    Other
    3.45%
    Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 04-29-2012, 10:03 AM.

They are all good but I'd say Trinidad was his defining win but he'll be remembered in history for the Pascal one most likely.

Comment

His best win is by far the Trinidad fight.

That's the fight that made people a believer. He took his status to the next level. His coming out party, if you will.

Becoming the oldest Champion ever may be his most significant despite it being a sub-par opponent. But he can't pick who the Champions are. After all, Pascal beat Dawson to become the man so you can't blame Hopkins.

At that age, it was an incredible performance.

Comment

His ownership of Felix Trinidad. He roughed him up on the inside, moved around the ring, and landed several clean shots from close range. He boxed beautifully that night. And big George Foreman refused to give him credit till late in thr fight. Lol

Comment

Poll added

Comment

Tito followed by Tarver.

Comment

Trinidad made him, another fight He won with headbutt tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                Trinidad made him, another fight He won with headbutt tactics.
                I just watched that fight yesterday and B-Hop whooped Trinidad's ass with ease no headbutts/dirty tactics needed

Comment

It has to be Trinidad. People don't understand. Hopkins was considered old THEN. Meanwhile, Tito was a wrecking ball, literally knockin' *****z out left and right in a big, big way. Not many people I know gave Hopkins even a chance of going 12, much less winning the mother****er. That was the performance of a lifetime because he beat an undefeated guy rated top 2 p4p in the world, winning every round and knocking the little slut out in the last round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Tito followed by Tarver.
                    I agree with this.
                    I just watched that fight yesterday and B-Hop whooped Trinidad's ass with ease no headbutts/dirty tactics needed
                    Oh no, he still fought dirty. Not as much as usual because he didnt have to and because a competent ref was in the ring, but you can still see him hitting low and leading with the head in a few situations.

Not that it affected the outcome in any way.

Comment

Working...
                    X