Are Filipino fighters in a slump?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality > Quantity and we got 2 the top 5 - that's 40%

Comment

WTH happened to Marvin Sonsona? Haven't heard a peep about him since the Vazquez loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
        Quality > Quantity and we got 2 the top 5 - that's 40%
        and no one else close to being even the top 5 after those two.

you say it's quality over quantity yet fail to realize that Filipino fighters are just like every other fighter out there, some good some bad most are just okay or did we not see a guy like Mark Melligen get smoked by a guy who came in on two weeks notice?

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          WTH happened to Marvin Sonsona? Haven't heard a peep about him since the Vazquez loss.

After the loss to Vasquez he had a birthday party and then decided he'll just be a taxi driver instead.

Seriously Sonsona's way too cocky and appeared to think highly of himself. I think his handlers gave up on him because of his attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post

After the loss to Vasquez he had a birthday party and then decided he'll just be a taxi driver instead.

Seriously Sonsona's way too cocky and appeared to think highly of himself. I think his handlers gave up on him because of his attitude.
            Yea I got that feeling about him (the cockyness) but was hoping the loss would humble him a bit. Think the jump was too much, too soon but here its been 5 months and no word. Its too bad, he had his moments where he looked like he'd become something.

Comment

I like Mares but he would get KTFO by Donaire

Comment

Pac is all these need. He proves that Filipinos are tough SOBs.

Comment

Filipinos are just machete & arnis fighters...nothing else.
                  Once in awhile there is kid who can't afford to buy a machete and ended up using his hands....like Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                    Donaire better stay far away from Abner Mares.
                    mares still have to hurdle agbeko and that's not even a sure win for him. you're nuthugging can't wait ffs

Comment

I'd like to see a Gamboa Donaire match up.

Comment

Working...
                      X