No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Architect View Post
    I agree, but just because he's the toughest opponent before the fight doesnt mean he would be the same once the fight starts. They said the last guy was his stiffest test to date and Broner destroyed that guy. Ive seen Abril and IMO Broner should figure him out and control this fight easily but hey anything can happen. Cant wait to see the fight.
    Even though stylistically it's completely different, nobody can deny Rios is usually a challenge for anyone since he's such a tough and determined kid. Abril shut him down completely and practically never broke a sweat. Stayed cool as a ****ing cucumber the whole fight. Anyone who can do that is risky as hell in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Yeah, count me in as a fan of this fight. I want to see this ****. I'm a fan of Abril, he's an awkward technician and he definitely could make this frustrating as **** for Broner. Broner's got power and speed on his side, but I think Abril's got underrated skills and ring IQ. I can definitely see him getting robbed, but of course the fight will be ugly as hell especially if Abril is winning.

Abril can outbox Broner. But Broner might impress us once again and make a show of it. Whatever the outcome, I want to see it. This is an extremely risky fight because if Broner looks puzzled by the awkwardness and can't solve him, people will be crying "exposed!" from miles around.
      Abril been screwed over a lot in his career. Some idiot had him losing every single round to Hank Lundy despite flooring him during the fight. Another judge had a crazy scorecard in the Prescott split decision loss too. His record is very deceiving. But I'm real happy to see him get the opportunity to make a statement against one of the hottest up and coming fighters in the game today.

Comment

Will the WBA belt be involved? It better be.

Comment

I'm digging this fight. Like both fighters and the style match up is great. it's going be a sick chess match if it ever goes down.

As a fan I love this match up, but as a fan who is aware of how politics get involved, I see no way Abril can win this one, even if he shuts him out like he did Rios.

Adding to that, I feel Broner's power will make the difference. But I can see a lot of potential for surprises in this fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            He picked Richard Abril? They're gonna play he beat Rios angle, which he did. Not a bad fight, I was just hoping for Burns, so I'm a little disappointed.
            Blame Ricky Burns. Someone tell me why Ricky burns needs a tuneup against a scrub before he faces Broner?

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              Even though stylistically it's completely different, nobody can deny Rios is usually a challenge for anyone since he's such a tough and determined kid. Abril shut him down completely and practically never broke a sweat. Stayed cool as a ****ing cucumber the whole fight. Anyone who can do that is risky as hell in my book.
              Well Rios isnt exactly Pernell Whitaker, he isnt difficult to hit. Any boxer with skills and movement will always cause Rios trouble. Broner poses an entirely different set of issues.

Comment

Good **** Broner, how can you hate this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
                  I agree, but just because he's the toughest opponent before the fight doesnt mean he would be the same once the fight starts. They said the last guy was his stiffest test to date and Broner destroyed that guy. Ive seen Abril and IMO Broner should figure him out and control this fight easily but hey anything can happen. Cant wait to see the fight.
                  That's what makes this fight intriguing to me. The chess match that's going to take place. DeMarco was a good fighter in his own right but he stood in front of Broner and made it easy for him. This is an entirely different style of opponent here and we will get to see Broner display some new skills that he didn't need to put on display against DeMarco. But I'm with you. I can't wait for this one. 2013 playing out to be a good year so far.

Comment

What's with people mentioning the amount of KO's a boxer has and assessing a match up with that statistic?

Like they don't know the bulk of most fighters' stoppages comes in the beginning of their careers anyway, against journeymen with losing records or decent records at best. Not many fighters are KO artists at the top level.

Comment

I am all for this match up! Abril is a tough opponent coming off of a good performance against Rios, he should be 20-0 right now IMO, of course I thought he defeated Rios but I thought he also beat Lundy and Prescott but of course did not get the decision

Will be interesting to see how Broner deals with the Philly Shell Defense and the Clinches because Abril is very clever with his style

Comment

Working...
                      X