Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Resumes Role As The Face Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its kind of stupid to say one or the other is "The Face" of Boxing. Thats like argueing if Payton Manning or Tom Brady is the Face of The NFL. They are still the 2 Biggest Stars and Fighters and Personalties in the sport, so to write an article saying Manny is "The Face" is Bias.

Comment

Originally posted by cherpotpot View Post
      Pacquiao never singled out who he wanted to fight when he became a Top Rank fighter. He never assumed that that was his job. He always waits on his promoter while the promoter depends on the matchmaker. It is for this reason that it is impossible that Pacquiao would refuse to fight somebody, or Shane Mosley as you mentioned. Why is it that people often accuse another fighter of ducking somebody when he has never been there to witness? It was Roach who Mosley approached and offered himself to fight Pacquiao. If there were fighters who he was reluctant to fight before, they were Dela Hoya and Margarito.

To emphasize, Pac is never afraid to fight Tim Bradley. Far from it. In fact, he wanted to a have a re-match as soon as he came back to the Philippines to get his belt back. That is a FACT.
      No sir, Pac did not single out any fighter when he signed and my main point is all these die hard fans didn't care about him too much either UNTIL he and his team claimed before and after each of their fights that Floyd is scared of him! And Pacman's insistence of saying "everybody knows I beat Bradley" is not a reason to ignore the rematch. It just seems to me that they are intimidated by Tim's stamina and determination, and Marquez4 is a safer fight.
      We can't get ANY good fights between GB and TR and Arum has publicly stated that you will not face his stable unless you sign wit him so I just want to know how we understand this with anybody else, but Floyd is just scared??
      One more thing you are incorrect, it was Mosley who approached Roach, who then stated "Mosley is simply too good and Im not putting my guy in with him" until Floyd beat him. Don't get me wrong I like Pac and I hope he destroys Marquez but we can scrape the whole "he fights the best" B.S

Comment

Originally posted by googol View Post
        Face of boxing? PED user? schooled by Marquez not once but 3 times? his nick name is Many "Catch Weight" Pacquiao, so much for the ****ing face of boxing uh?
        Another Butthurt drama queen on the rag.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
          No sir, Pac did not single out any fighter when he signed and my main point is all these die hard fans didn't care about him too much either UNTIL he and his team claimed before and after each of their fights that Floyd is scared of him! And Pacman's insistence of saying "everybody knows I beat Bradley" is not a reason to ignore the rematch. It just seems to me that they are intimidated by Tim's stamina and determination, and Marquez4 is a safer fight.
          We can't get ANY good fights between GB and TR and Arum has publicly stated that you will not face his stable unless you sign wit him so I just want to know how we understand this with anybody else, but Floyd is just scared??
          One more thing you are incorrect, it was Mosley who approached Roach, who then stated "Mosley is simply too good and Im not putting my guy in with him" until Floyd beat him. Don't get me wrong I like Pac and I hope he destroys Marquez but we can scrape the whole "he fights the best" B.S
          With that statement right there I know you don't know ish.
          Marquez >>>>>>>>Bradley at any stage of their careers. Only delusional fake ass boxing fans would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
            "everybody knows I beat Bradley" is not a reason to ignore the rematch. It just seems to me that they are intimidated by Tim's stamina and determination, and Marquez4 is a safer fight.
            Wrong. Everyone knows Pac beat Bradley and Marquez was the tougher fight. Any Boxing poll would show that public perception. Bradley's 15 minutes of fame never even happened or they would be calling him the NEW KING OF BOXING and no one has, for obvious reasons.
            Last edited by richardt; 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Pac is the face of boxing........I thought that was Tyson's job?

Comment

How can floyd be the face of boxing when he fights every 8-14 months? manny is the ultimate good guy and is loved internationally where as floyd is respected in the ring but not loved worldwide. The face of boxing doesn't have to be the best boxer(ala oscar, tyson) so the arguement for floyd being the face of boxing is weak. Gonna go out on a limb here, but would venture to say that even in america, more people like pacman so kinda does make a difference.jmo peace ya'll

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Wrong. Everyone knows Pac beat Bradley and Marquez was the tougher fight. Any Boxing poll would show that public perception. Bradley's 15 minutes of fame never even happened or they would be calling him the NEW KING OF BOXING and no one has, for obvious reasons.
                  People thought that was going to be a cake walk.....there is a reason why Pac and Arum don't want to get revenge, they don't want 2 losses to Bradley so it's better to take the safer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    People thought that was going to be a cake walk.....there is a reason why Pac and Arum don't want to get revenge, they don't want 2 losses to Bradley so it's better to take the safer fight.
                    Wrong.. It was Bradley who was suppose to give PAC a boxing lesson and was suppose to box the 1 dimensional come fowards ears off.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Wrong. They dont have 1 loss so they are not afraid of zero losses to Bradley. People overwhelmingly know who won the fight. Bradley's 15 minutes of fame never even happened and everyone knows why. Now what big superfight is Bradley fighting in next?
                      Last edited by richardt; 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X