No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: Eyes up Froch v Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Because Froch has no intentions it seems of moving up. He says he walks around at 172, not even the light heavy limit. Him and Golovkin are close to the same weight on fight night, this would be an interesting fight.
    stevenson called him out when he was 168 and after the chad fight he said he would come down to 168. not a peep from hearns or froch

Comment

Alot of people thinking GGG would ko froch,,,, They are wrong,,,

froch is a style nightmare for GGG,,,

GGG would be fighting a guy that can take his shots, back up ggg, and test ggg's chin and stamina,,

I think froch stops GGG late, in a war

Comment

I haven't seen anything to suggest GGG beats Froch. I like GGG, and have followed him for a while but what does he have that Froch hasn't seen before?

Froch has trouble with speed and movement. GGG has quick shots, but he comes forward and cuts the ring off nicely, but Froch is a bigger man that will not be backing off and will hit hard enough to demand GGG's respect.

GGG hasn't seen anything like Froch, or close to his calibre of quality since turning pro (can't compare his amateur career to his pro one).

Froch has faced speed (Dirrell, Ward, Bute, Pascal, Taylor -to a degree), hard-hitters (Abraham, Pascal, Kessler), brawlers, slickness, pressure fighters, heart - and all at 168. A weight GGG has not experienced as a professional - especially of a high quality.

Stylewise, i think Groves poses more problems for Froch than GGG does. He's quick and moves a lot, and hits pretty hard - but he's chinny and if Froch catches him, he'll go down.

Froch has one definitive loss on his record. Andre Ward. Arguably a top 3 fighter in the sport. Two controversial decisions to Kessler 1 and Dirrell, but by Kessler 2, Froch seemed to have matured.

I just don't see GGG beating him. I do hope it comes off though, because it will make a hell of a fight.

Comment

Working...
        X