Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Vs Matthysse, are you okay with this at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Vs Matthysse, are you okay with this at 147?

Say if Matthysse gets pass Garcia and May gets pass Canelo.

I think this fight is possible, but does Mayweather get credit for beating or fighting Matthysse at 147? Surely some will say that Matthysse is bloated.
    I know Pac could fight him at 147 and be good, but whats your thought about Matthysse coming up in weight to fight Mayweather?

anybody who says there is something wrong with the fight is just a hater. when you clean out the division you move up weight classes. with a win over Garcia, matthysse would be the kingpin of 140. the next step is a fight with the kingpin of 147.

Comment

Floyd will make the fight at 154...he'll say he wants Lucas at a comfy weight

Comment

Mayweather believes if he beats Canelo then nobody can beat him (excluding Pac)...

Matthysse is still a scary guy to fight. dropped everyone and will be hitting Mayweathers arms which will hurt.

Comment

Weight is a bit of an issue in boxing, but ultimately, skills pay the bills! Absolutely he should get credit for beating Matthysse at ANY weight. This is boxing! Barring an unforeseen KO, the better man will always win. I personally don't care about the weight they fight at. Whether Matthysse comes up or May comes down, I'll put my money on May!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            anybody who says there is something wrong with the fight is just a hater. when you clean out the division you move up weight classes. with a win over Garcia, matthysse would be the kingpin of 140. the next step is a fight with the kingpin of 147.
            Going up in weight class is limited to how big or small you actually are. you cant just keep adding muscle, this is boxing , not a pie eating contest, but yes, Matthysse at 147 is perfectly doable.

Comment

I think if Garcia wins, then we're definitely seeing Mayweather-Garcia next. It will be easy to promote, both guys speak English and Danny's father will help selling it.

Matthysse is a harder sell so Mayweather may opt to face Khan instead if he gets past Alexander.

Comment

Got no problem with lucas vs floyd at 147....

if you wanna be the man, you got to beat the man,,, and the man right now is floyd at 147

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  You move up sure, but to take on the best at 147 immediately? Purely from a sporting perspective I don't see that as a logical next step.

Matthysse should seek to establish himself as an actual and legit 147lb fighter prior to taking on arguably the best 147lber.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    Say if Matthysse gets pass Garcia and May gets pass Canelo.

I think this fight is possible, but does Mayweather get credit for beating or fighting Matthysse at 147? Surely some will say that Matthysse is bloated.
                    I know Pac could fight him at 147 and be good, but whats your thought about Matthysse coming up in weight to fight Mayweather?
                    mmm depends, if Lucas destroys Garcia and makes easy work of him then it's a decent enough fight. Floyd has better options with Pacquiao, still the only guy that has the best chance of maybe, MAYBE beating him. imo a Pac from circa 2010 beats May, now Floyd gets a hard worked decision.

Other than Pacquiao, if Bradley beats JMM he would be another fighter who is a better choice than Matthysse. And since Floyd called him on it, Martinez at 154. Or if GGG wants to come down to 154.

So yeah, Lucas is a good 4th or 5th choice. Floyd has better more established opponents at both 147 and 154 to face.

Comment

Working...
                    X