Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck: Andre Berto My Next Likely For in America

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zaveck has no chance in this fight, this is probably shouldn't happen...Easy enough to throw the word "champion" around but come on, Berto is in a different class than this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
      i'll tell you the truth. zaveck has piss poor management, and despite the article he has no idea at all whos going to fight him next. he said for his website a month ago he's not on best terms with his manager ulf steinforth and he would like to move to america to be promoted by another promo team (possibly don king). unfortunately his current contract expires in 2012 so hes at the mercy of his promoter. you could tell zaveck was unhappy with delgado and wanted paulie or a bigger name. berto and miguel cotto (maybe he thought jose?) are zaveck's dreams. in reality its whatever ibf matches him against. most likely bailey. if he gets bailey it surely is going to disappoint me after all this behind the scene talks. i understand paulie is injured though.
      The last fuking thing he should ever do is sign with Don King. He'll end up with 18 month stints of inactivity like Liakhovich and Jones. King fuking ruins fighters, non-american especially.

Comment

here's a vid of zaveck. not sure if he has enough to beat berto

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          The last fuking thing he should ever do is sign with Don King. He'll end up with 18 month stints of inactivity like Liakhovich and Jones. King fuking ruins fighters, non-american especially.
          Zavec was actually signed with Don King for a number of years (and toiled in obscurity because of it). He won the title a year after his contract with Don ended.

He does have poor management, but in his situation he can't pick and choose; He can fill a stadium of 12,000 in Slovenia but is relatively unknown elsewhere, even in Germany where he lived when he launched his career. The bigger promoters probably wouldnt know what to do with him; Don didn't

Zavec plans to retire in the next year or so. He's been talking about the HBO date and a fight in America being his dreams since the moment he won that title. For a while, I thought he was delusional if he thought he could ever end up on HBO; I'm glad I was wrong!

Zavec is a real champion. He won his title by KO in the champ's home country, then avenged his only loss six months later. Now he's looking to defend his title on the world stage in the USA against a top-rated fighter.

War Zavec, you've done us proud.

Last edited by paulf; 05-12-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I've been saying since Berto's career had faded into insignificance after pulling out of the Mosley fight, that as an opponent for Pac Berto was on a similar level to Jan Zaveck. Now we get to find out if he actually is on his level. Good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

here's a vid of zaveck. not sure if he has enough to beat berto
              well this video you posted shows him beating a slick african american fighter which i previously thought was impossible so yeah he has enough to beat berto.

Comment

berto and cotto by KO

Comment

Originally posted by McFearless View Post
                  berto and cotto by KO
                  idk why is 'angel' even brought up into this debate? hes a 154 possibly moving up to 160. zaveck is a natural welter. cotto would be too big for him. plus cotto has other fish to fry atm. like i said berto,ortiz and zaveck are all similar. imo it would be ud12 in any matchup between them. zaveck said before he will probably retire after he loses the title. so its normal he tries to step up for bigger fights, and a bigger payday. he can do at most 100k eur here in slovenia. it just shows how much berto is overrated.

Comment

would like to see him in with berto too, bailey has good power, cotto will beat zaveck so you better look the other way buddy.. Zaveck a decent fighter. I would think berto could handle him..

Comment

I want to see Selcuk Aydin VS Ortiz!

That is the fight at 147 I want to see

Comment

Working...
                      X