Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respectable ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 12boxin_C12 View Post
      the same experts that had cotto wining before the fight are now sayin that
      cotto could never win against margarito. its all BS cuz their just trying justify for their bad judgement. cotto can beat margarito he just needs to come in with a different gameplan.
      What Gameplan do you think is gonna work??? I dont know if you read an article last week about cotto saying that he couldnt execute his gameplan because there were no openings. He said he tried plan A, Plan b, Plan c. Cotto will never win against Margarito because of his style. Its so simple he fought a perfect fight but couldnt sustain it. How do you improve on a perfect fight... If Cottos in the prime shape of his life and couldnt keep up the perfect fight for 7 rounds. What makes you think he can out box margarito for 12 in a second fight. After a beating like that your not the same afterwards...We've seen it a million times....Theres no gameplan for relentless pressure.....its more of a survive plan...Margarito just has Cottos #.....I think Cotto is great and will be champion again someday but he wont beat Margarito...this just my opinion

Comment

That article is a huge piece of ****. I don't how anyone can consider that hack writing any good. Not even good enough to read on the toilet. Cotto didn't "quit" for one. Cotto said that he was hurt bad to the body and was never able to recover. He went down twice to try and give himself time to weather the storm, but he couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          That article is a huge piece of ****. I don't how anyone can consider that hack writing any good. Not even good enough to read on the toilet. Cotto didn't "quit" for one. Cotto said that he was hurt bad to the body and was never able to recover. He went down twice to try and give himself time to weather the storm, but he couldn't.
          When is boxing scene going to interview Cotto one on one? All the stuff I've read about Cotto has been second hand.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares View Post
            He wasn’t going to be able to keep throwing hard punches of his back foot and get out the way. That’s not the type of fighter he is. Yes, if he had to he could and it would work against some or most fighters, it just couldn’t work against Margarito.
            This is bull**** right there. if cotto could've fought off his backfoot for the remaining round he should've. the fact IS cotto gassed. Margarito was in cotto's face all day, ate some great punches in the process, and landed a few shots, but cotto lost because his stamina sucks or his ring generalship sucks (as he was unable to set the pace).

Comment

Anyone in sports who accepts defeat in a graceful manner is a true sportsman and will be respected. Sore losers will get none.

Comment

Thank you...

Comment

That article is a huge piece of ****. I don't how anyone can consider that hack writing any good. Not even good enough to read on the toilet.
                  I was thinking the same thing.

Where was this published? To be an "article" means it should have been published somewhere. It looks like a message board post. Whoever wrote it has no journalistic training whatsoever, I'd wager, because stylistically... it's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
                    I was thinking the same thing.

Where was this published? To be an "article" means it should have been published somewhere. It looks like a message board post. Whoever wrote it has no journalistic training whatsoever, I'd wager, because stylistically... it's bad.
                    I've seen articles written on this website that look like work of a toddler.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares View Post
                      Cotto Accepted Defeat, By Dimitrios Verteouris (Aug 4, 2008)

I give Cotto credit for trying to outbox Margarito to a decision, but the pace was going to catch up to him. He wasn’t going to be able to keep throwing hard punches of his back foot and get out the way. That’s not the type of fighter he is. Yes, if he had to he could and it would work against some or most fighters, it just couldn’t work against Margarito. There is no shame in the loss for Cotto cause he went down in a great fight .

As for Cotto taking knees and just giving up the fight in the 11th when he was clearly done, I don’t blame the guy. You have to think about what goes on in his head, not just yours. He has a family at home, four kids to feed and spend the rest of his life with. Maybe he said to himself, “I am a beaten man tonight and I don’t want to risk getting any serious injuries and let me just call it a night.” Yes, many men will say he punked out, I agree when it comes to speaking about people who took beatings and withstood them to either get knocked out or reach the final bell. But when you speak of someone who thinks of his family instead of just himself (the way Cotto probably did) then I don’t disagree with his decision.

THIS IS BIG TIME BULL****. Cotto tried to KO Margarito during the first 5 rounds. His game plan was to break Margarito ASAP. Bad strategy as we saw the best P4P CHIN take hard shots like a caress. Then Cotto tried to outboxed Margarito. Cotto lost for many reasons. (There are no excuses, just reasons as in every fight or game.)

1) Head hunting, no body work
                      2) Lack of necessary stamina
                      3) Broken Nose early in the fight.
                      4) Lack of a previous "beat-down" in his career. (he look like a rookie)
                      5) No clinching

AND Cotto never quitted. His corner threw the towel as they saw Cotto was still trying to fight when obviously he ran out of gas and was basicly a sitting target. Cotto was so, so, so tired he could barely stand on his feet. He took a knee trying to get a second,and a thrid wind in order to keep fighting. Whomever says "Cotto quitted!" is a hater and his opinion should not be taken seriously. Besides, Margarito and Cotto gave eacvh other's respect and appreciation for the great fight it was and the great "boxing show" they gave their best for the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X