Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Andre Ward be in danger of being frozen out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Kessler beats Froch he'll fight Ward in the late autumn. Stevenson has to be dealt with within 90 days first though.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      If Kessler beats Froch he'll fight Ward in the late autumn. Stevenson has to be dealt with within 90 days first though.
      Bat, I meant to ask, was there any more talk about a rematch clause in Froch-Kessler II for a third bout?

Comment

Andre is on the shelf for a while and when he returns he should take a tune up bout if he's smart.

A big money fight for him won't come until the latter part of the year. There should be plenty of options available for him by then.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-26-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Andre is on the shelf for a while and when he returns he should take a tune up bout if he's smart.

A big money fight for him won't come until the latter part of the year. There should be plenty of options available for him by then.
          Makes sense to me.

I would add that he doesn't seem to be somebody that is gonna start living like a Saudi prince having made a few bucks, so maybe the financial pressure is not that great.

Comment

Before the Dawson fight I would say that he was in danger of becoming a Tim Bradley type guy. Talented as hell but no draw power.
            He did put on a good show against Dawson though and that helped him. The Pavlik fight would have helped him more but I think he will be ok. Someone in that division will be looking to elevate themeselves by fighting Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Bat, I meant to ask, was there any more talk about a rematch clause in Froch-Kessler II for a third bout?
              No. There's no rematch clause. I guess a rematch will happen if the fight lives up to expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Dirrell is coming back. Maybe they can finally fight.

I don't care much for Ward. No respect for him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Thought Dirrell had retired...

Ward-Dirrell is an OK match-up. It'd be a stinker, though.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5
                  Gennady Golovkin should move up to 168.

Golovkin v. Ward.

Golovkin by KO
                  jajaajaaaaaa..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

ward is still the lineal champion and last time I checked that's the title that counts...

so he loses all the 'paid' belts...who gives a rats ass

whomever emerges on top in ward's absence is going to be lurking in ward's shadow...

martinez had little drawing power and went without the wbc belt for 2 years and still everybody wanted to fight him...it should be no different for ward

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                      ward is still the lineal champion and last time I checked that's the title that counts...

so he loses all the 'paid' belts...who gives a rats ass

whomever emerges on top in ward's absence is going to be lurking in ward's shadow...

martinez had little drawing power and went without the wbc belt for 2 years and still everybody wanted to fight him...it should be no different for ward
                      No. Martinez couldn't get the fight against Junior, who was handed the belt by Sillyman.

Comment

Working...
                      X