Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other than genetics why are some boxers harder hitters than others?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Please give specific reasons, e.g. if they have superior technique tell me in what way the technique is superior for punching power.

etc

Thanks.
    Using the legs or fighters who are shifting their body to throw a hard hook to the body or a right hand like for instance you slip a right hand your in position to throw a hard left hook to the body or head because your body is already turn to deliver with great leverage. If I want to land a hard right I move my body left to right to throw off my opponent than when the opening comesI move my body to the right and let that punch go I also push off my back foot to use my legs or bobbing and weaving sets you up to land hard hooks or upper cuts or rights. and if that fails using boobing and weaving come down low and come up with your head while throwing a punch and make the head butt look like an accident

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Please give specific reasons, e.g. if they have superior technique tell me in what way the technique is superior for punching power.

etc

Thanks.
      Because they have names like: Tito, Wilfredo and JuanMa.

Comment

Bad intentions do work. If you have the intention of hurting the guy your body will understand what you want and will punch with full power.

Comment

Bone Density.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
            Nutrition also plays a huge factor. But what i don't get is those kids in third world countries like pac who barely have proper nutrition can hit very hard must be body conditioning.
            Argentines are famous for their high protein diet. The country is a top exporter of livestock. That may explain, along with other factors, why hard-hitting sluggers are so common there.

Comment

Originally posted by afterpunk View Post
              Argentines are famous for their high protein diet. The country is a top exporter of livestock. That may explain, along with other factors, why hard-hitting sluggers are so common there.
              countries that eat horse meat tend to slug hard too, but if you put a big slab of horse meat on my plate im not gonna bite

Comment

Some fighters are just bangers...but that's solely because they have great timing...delivery and correct use of the legs ...accuracy is also another part of power....leverage is also a big + ..a number of things

Comment

It starts when you are young, and what type of training as well. Also, talent/skill.

For example, Look at Bradley, a very in shape muscular boxer and look like he would knock your block off... But has very little KO power. Then, you have GGG, Provodnikov, Kovalev etc. not the most muscular men, but very precise and impactful. Probably because everyone punch they trained for was meant with bad intentions.

Look at how Mayweather trains on the heavy bag. He punches very light, and not all out. Hence, doesn't hit hard. But you see Tyson on the heavy bag, during training going all out and every punch with bad intentions to knock out out

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                    Bad intentions do work. If you have the intention of hurting the guy your body will understand what you want and will punch with full power.
                    I was gonna say something similar. I think it's basically temperament. If you can control your anger to use it when you punch, you are going to hit hard. Attacking/punching someone comes from the emotion of anger. If you know how to get angry without being actually being angry just knowingly using the emotion to punch, just using the emotion for the sport, you can hit with bad intentions. This is easily noticeable in fighters body language and facial expressions when they punch. Look at the difference between Marcos Maidana and Paulie Malignaggi, doesn't Maidana look angry when he's punching? The guy looks like he wants to actually fight you because you did something wrong to him. Paulie on the other hand looks like he's always trying to box and never trying to hurt anyone, he does not appear angry. Mike Tyson was the same, Cotto is too, Thurman looks angry too. The difference between Jones vs Griffin 1 and Jones vs Griffin 2 was emotion, an angry Roy, looking to hit with bad intentions. You can see it in his facial expressions when he punched, his face said angry man with bad intentions all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                      You're born with power. Some men are blessed, just like some of the dongs you've measured. Some men like me have bigger dongs than others.
                      I think the two go hand in hand. I have dong whipped my girls, and b1tch slapped some betas

Comment

Working...
                      X