Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were Mayweather, who would you rather fight Pacquiao or Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Manny has a loyal fanbase. Although we all know Manny would be destroyed but we still wanna see it for ourselves. Martinez at 154 would be a walk in the park for Floyd. But the only problem is Martinez doesnt bring anything to the table. But I think Floyd can make more money off of a Martinez fight if hed Victor Ortiz him. By that I mean 5 mil flat fee no PPV. Martinez gets his payday boom we have a fight. The only problem is at 154 Martinez isnt a challenge to Floyd but they can sell the fight at least, plus HBO likes Martinez.

Comment

he's been saying that pac is easy work..

but you gotta take the test, 50 oz glove , no ppv,

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
        I disagree, I think ONLY the general public wants to see that fight. Boxing fans know both of them are way past their prime and it wouldn't be as exciting as it would've been lets say back in 09. With that being said I would fight Pacquiao anyway since he's not the monster he used to be and could probably use my boxing skills to keep him away. In all honesty, not just because his last performance but Maravilla is a little too big, too fast, too much for anyone below 160. I don't see any of the big names beating him below that weight.
        I disagree bro, although talks waned I am sure as soon as this fight is made the boxing fans will eat it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangnam Style! View Post
          I'd say go for the easy one... Retirement
          pac man no brainer

Comment

If Pac makes a statement with Marquez fight, the general public will be hot on heels for the fight to take place. It's in pacs best interest to do well in this fight, that would be via knckout

Comment

way to state the facking obvious ts.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                At least Manny has a loyal fanbase. Although we all know Manny would be destroyed but we still wanna see it for ourselves. Martinez at 154 would be a walk in the park for Floyd. But the only problem is Martinez doesnt bring anything to the table. But I think Floyd can make more money off of a Martinez fight if hed Victor Ortiz him. By that I mean 5 mil flat fee no PPV. Martinez gets his payday boom we have a fight. The only problem is at 154 Martinez isnt a challenge to Floyd but they can sell the fight at least, plus HBO likes Martinez.
                If you think Martinez is walk in the park I suggest you find another sport, because you are completely clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  If you think Martinez is walk in the park I suggest you find another sport, because you are completely clueless.
                  Martinez fought almost his entire carreer at JMW and was considered average. And thats in an average 154 division 4 yrs ago. Now Martinez has dominated at 160 mainly because hes the superior athlete but lets be honest here. Do you see James Toney, Hagler, RJJ, or Hopkins fighting at 160 because I dont? At 37 a move back to 154 will kill him before the fight starts. The 154 division is loaded with bigger names than 160 and I think Serg would already be campaigning there if he could. Instead of chasing Chavez Jr for the past 2 and a half yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                    Martinez fought almost his entire carreer at JMW and was considered average. And thats in an average 154 division 4 yrs ago. Now Martinez has dominated at 160 mainly because hes the superior athlete but lets be honest here. Do you see James Toney, Hagler, RJJ, or Hopkins fighting at 160 because I dont? At 37 a move back to 154 will kill him before the fight starts. The 154 division is loaded with bigger names than 160 and I think Serg would already be campaigning there if he could. Instead of chasing Chavez Jr for the past 2 and a half yrs.
                    Mayweather and Cotto are the only big names at 154, and they're known for making their names in lower divisions. Canelo is a name, but hasn't done anything yet. 154 is still unproven, just like 160 is. A lot of potential in both weights, but not enough fighting. MW has ended the year off on a good note though.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Can't believe this is a serious question.....

Pacquiao, as he is the easier fight and makes Mayweather the most money ever.

Martinez, is bigger, faster, more talented, so this is a much higher risk and nets Mayweather peanuts in comparison to what he'll make fighting Pac.

Mayweather has it made in the shade.

Comment

Working...
                      X