No announcement yet.

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Yeah mine has the detachable barrels, but I only have an 8 in, for now. Almost identical to this, but cleaner and with a longer barrel. Same Hogue grip.

I like the .357 sigs as well, but it seems like ammo is pretty expensive and hard to find.

Yeah the only way I'd get a bigger pistol is if I visited Alaska and was worried about bears.

As it is, I'm hoping to pick up a shotgun and maybe a .243 with a scope for mule deer and wild pig.
    keep that. that's a classic now. they don't make them anymore.

i highly recommend .357 sig. the prices have come down a bit and they're not as expensive as they use to be when it was new. only problem is at lot of ranges and stores still don't carry it so you'll have to buy ammo online.

i did a little studying on the cartridge before i bought it. all the pd's that switched to .357 sig from 9mm or .40 are very happy with it. only thing is it took them longer to get good with the gun because they weren't use to the muzzle flash and the different type of recoil (it's more sharp even though less than say a .40 or .45)

a lot of the pd's that have used it on dogs never had problems like they use to with 9mm and .45.

i even read about a shootout where the cops where shooting it out with bad guys in a trailer and the .45 bullets weren't penetrating the trailer but the .357 sig was even with hollow points.

it's a .357 magnum 125 grain in a pistol pretty much.

my p229 would be my choice for self defense but i only keep 1 gun in my house and i choose my smith and wesson .40 (slower , heavy 180 grain load). it's more safe and less penetration in a house self defense environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      keep that. that's a classic now. they don't make them anymore.

i highly recommend .357 sig. the prices have come down a bit and they're not as expensive as they use to be when it was new. only problem is at lot of ranges and stores still don't carry it so you'll have to buy ammo online.

i did a little studying on the cartridge before i bought it. all the pd's that switched to .357 sig from 9mm or .40 are very happy with it. only thing is it took them longer to get good with the gun because they weren't use to the muzzle flash and the different type of recoil (it's more sharp even though less than say a .40 or .45)

a lot of the pd's that have used it on dogs never had problems like they use to with 9mm and .45.

i even read about a shootout where the cops where shooting it out with bad guys in a trailer and the .45 bullets weren't penetrating the trailer but the .357 sig was even with hollow points.

it's a .357 magnum 125 grain in a pistol pretty much.

my p229 would be my choice for self defense but i only keep 1 gun in my house and i choose my smith and wesson .40 (slower , heavy 180 grain load). it's more safe and less penetration in a house self defense environment.
      Yeah I was looking for a Ruger GP100 with a 6 in barrel. Buddy of mine has a Dan with the 4 barrel kit, but he was wanting a grand for it. Then I happened on this with a nice leather holster and two speed loaders for like 450 I think it was, figure I can always add some diff barrels later.

Yeah the .357 sig sounds nice, but I'm pretty much stuck with my Ruger 9mm, unless I can get a good price for it. Just got a 17 round mag for it and that's the gun I keep for self defense, a lot more wieldy than the Dan with that fricken monster barrel.

Comment

Yeah I was looking for a Ruger GP100 with a 6 in barrel. Buddy of mine has a Dan with the 4 barrel kit, but he was wanting a grand for it. Then I happened on this with a nice leather holster and two speed loaders for like 450 I think it was, figure I can always add some diff barrels later.

Yeah the .357 sig sounds nice, but I'm pretty much stuck with my Ruger 9mm, unless I can get a good price for it. Just got a 17 round mag for it and that's the gun I keep for self defense, a lot more wieldy than the Dan with that fricken monster barrel.
        ruger gp100 is a good gun. best gun i've ever shot in my life was believe it or not a beat up , old rental gp100 at my range. every group i shot was like one big hole almost.

yeah you got a ruger 9mm with 17 rd. clip you don't really need more than that.

Comment

I Britain we'd get up close and personal and stab them like real men.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            ruger gp100 is a good gun. best gun i've ever shot in my life was believe it or not a beat up , old rental gp100 at my range. every group i shot was like one big hole almost.

yeah you got a ruger 9mm with 17 rd. clip you don't really need more than that.
            Yeah when I was stationed in Germany a buddy of mine used to take me to the range with him and shoot his gp100, 6in barrel. At 25 yards I could consistently fire all 6 shots into a fist sized group, wanted one ever since.

The 9 works fine for self defense, I wouldn't want to try and shoot anything past about 15 yards with it though. About the only shooting I do with it is about once a year emptying a clip in rapid fashion, usually on New Year's. Got a holster that holds an extra clip, which for now is a good old Clinton 10 rounder. Between that and my 7 dogs, I feel safe enough.

Comment

Yeah when I was stationed in Germany a buddy of mine used to take me to the range with him and shoot his gp100, 6in barrel. At 25 yards I could consistently fire all 6 shots into a fist sized group, wanted one ever since.

The 9 works fine for self defense, I wouldn't want to try and shoot anything past about 15 yards with it though. About the only shooting I do with it is about once a year emptying a clip in rapid fashion, usually on New Year's. Got a holster that holds an extra clip, which for now is a good old Clinton 10 rounder. Between that and my 7 dogs, I feel safe enough.
              i need another revolver.

i always shoot tennis balls at the range. it doesn't look that hard but a tennis ball swinging on a string is pretty tough.

never could do it consistently with an auto. easy as pie with a good revolver though.

one day. trying to save money right now.

Comment

Still want that AR 15....

Just let a brother know...

Also, good gun talk between Jeffries and Fua.

Comment

He needs to convert the firing pin on his automat k.

Actually yeah he did.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                  X