Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael has been doing this for how long?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rafael has been doing this for how long?

Pete (NYC): Dan... why does everyone keep calling The Punch (I think we know which one) a straight left hand? That was very clearly a left hook that came around in a circular motion across the jaw, not a straight shot that would have landed to the front of Hatton's face. I love all the attention The Punch is getting, but I wish people would get it right! It's like saying a curveball was a fastball.

Dan Rafael: (12:18 PM ET ) It wasn't a left hook. A southpaw does not throw a left hook, he throws a left cross.

Is that true? If so, what do you call a southpaw's left to the body? Is that a left cross? Can someone clarify this for me?

He's wrong. A left hook CAN be thrown from a southpaw stance, obviously, but it's usually not. Hooks usually come from the front hand, but you CAN throw a hook whenever you want. He's stupid for thinking that just because it was a left hand from a southpaw that means there's no way it was a hook.

However, I'm not so sure I would call the punch a hook. It was more of a looping overhand left.

Comment

Dan sucks. I heard he once had an original thought but he ate it

Comment

its * breidis prescott * btw seeing as your such a big fan.

anyway yeah id say that was more of a looping overhand left than a left cross, as the poster above also said.

Comment

Working...
        X