Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money Mayweather Defined The Sweet Science

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierce Egan did that I think. Floyd is absolutely one of it's finest exemplars, however. That doesn't change the fact that Compubox is a piss poor way of comparing fighters though.

Comment

He defined the sweet science of cherry picking and the delicate art of ducking . thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        Compubox says nothing before 1985... because it didn't exist.

Also +- it means nothing, Chris Arreola had a rating of +25 even after being demolished by Vitali. Higher than Pernell Whittaker, Hopkins, Calzaghe, Jones Jr, Lomachenko. At one point even after Marquez KO'd Diaz he had a +- of 23.
        yeah...so you're saying those guys have better defense than floyd mayweather, jr? are you saying those guys got hit less than mayweather? that is what compubox says...and you don't need compubox to look at whose getting hit in the ring the most...unless you count phantom punches like lampley...

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
          Why are ya'll so upset with Loma?? its a new generation and new fighters will emerge...enjoy the sport
          I know right?...loma is that dude...

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Of course he can and he will. GGG, who you hate so much, is also very near the top of the hit and not get hit computer scores. Loma has only had 8 pro fights and look at him go. Who can beat him at 130 pounds? Nobody fighting today for sure. He is getting used to the pros and improving a lot with each fight.He'd slaughter Salido in a rematch in my opinion.
            dude you hate it so much that i'm a big fan of calling triple g out on his hypocritical bullshit and for the record he gets hit a ton that's why he stays away from "real" competition and is hard to negotiate with as if he's a ppv star...he's not...swallow that reality and digest it...

now loma is the goods at 130 and a bonafide hall of famer, he was taxing that ass on salido in the later rounds and he'd definitely would beat the shit out of siri in a rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Did you seriously just say Floyd ****ing Mayweather, who was active in the late 90s and 2000s, defined the sweet science?
              Yes I did...you're racism doesn't change that...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I've been re-watching a lot of his fights and training vids this week. Totally forgot how much pop he had in his punches. We tend to remember him as entirely defensive with light hands but the dude could get aggressive and pack a decent punch.
                I was never big into Mayweather because of the attitude but I've got huge respect for his talents.
                Yeah he had to adapt...and tax that ass with his "C" game...the attitude is what got him to where he is...the highest paid athlete of all time...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Pierce Egan did that I think. Floyd is absolutely one of it's finest exemplars, however. That doesn't change the fact that Compubox is a piss poor way of comparing fighters though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                    He defined the sweet science of cherry picking and the delicate art of ducking . thats for sure.
                    who fought the most lineal champions and held the most lineal titles? defined the art of being smart in and out of the ring with all mental faculties and the highest gross salary...keep hating you will...that's for sure...

Comment

Mayweather defense in slow motion...let you see how this "sweet science" works...

Comment

Working...
                      X