No announcement yet.

Bob Arum on Floyd Mayweather J-Prince beef

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Not only did Arum save his behind but so did Oscar when Floyd fell into tax troubles back in 09 and Oscar gave a reported $10mil to clear it up. That's when Floyd started fighting under GBP.
    I'll paypal you $1000 if you can give me a concrete link to that bullshit story

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      You better be born in a 1950s suburb, because people from the hood dont fight fair most of them use weapon. Also that isnt deevel speaking he was qouting bernard hopkins.

What i find strange is bob arum saved floyd, yet the spoiled little prick hates on the old man and so do his fanboys. I know uncle roger and floyd sr have nothing but love for arum, because they are old school and know what he did for them, floyds not from the street obviously, when that money runs short and he cant afford those 247 bodyguards that boy is going to get wrecked bad, ti is from the street and he was ready to brawl until floyds bodyguards stepped in. Floyd doesnt know how to show respect to real dudes.
      bruh you have real life mental issues

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        He gave him an advance on his next payday, you know like he does for Pacquiao before every fight. If Mayweather was put out of action he'd not be making money for Bob. Arum saved his cash flow, he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself.

It's a known fact that Arum rips off Pacquiao, why are the *******s trying to make Arum out to be a saint?
        he didnt give em an advanced lol, mayweather got extorted and arum paid it. (pretty sure arum took it out of mayweather pay cut and then some but it was extortation)

Mayweather wanted to cut prince out of his % so he requested arum to move the fight a few months back so he will be in the clear and out of his contract with prince so he wouldent have to pay him that $$$$, prince isnt stupid he knew mayweather was trying to be slick so he went to collect his percentage from floyd anyways and he got it even though that fight had nothing to do with him in the end lol.

arum was protecting his commodity but arum old school he knew what it was, arum aint care he seen more ruthless dudes than prince.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          What i find strange is bob arum saved floyd, yet the spoiled little prick hates on the old man and so do his fanboys. I know uncle roger and floyd sr have nothing but love for arum, because they are old school and know what he did for them, floyds not from the street obviously, when that money runs short and he cant afford those 247 bodyguards that boy is going to get wrecked bad, ti is from the street and he was ready to brawl until floyds bodyguards stepped in. Floyd doesnt know how to show respect to real dudes.
          Your outlook is why a lot of fighters ended up robbed and broke by the time their career is over. Most fighters come from poorer backgrounds, and make impulse decisions, so the likelihood of a promoter with money to burn helping them out increases. The fact that fighters get helped out of a bad situation does not mean they are slaves to the person who helped them out for the rest of their career.

At the end of the day Arum helped Mayweather because it presented an opportunity to make money. Mayweather made him money and Arum short changed him. The former has a right to fight for what is owed and to part ways when the contract is honoured or frustrated.

Moreover, what has Mayweather really said about Bob Arum? He typically defends himself against the allegations that he is a duck and coward, but I don't recall him getting really personal with Arum. When he dislikes someone, it is pretty clear that he doesn't have any problem clowning them but I have yet to see Mayweather handle Arum with the same way he handles De La Hoya.

On a different note, someone needs to challenge Fat Dan to a fight. I'd love to see a boxing reality tv series called "Journo to Pro'' where the concept is putting the boxing journalists through the work out routine of professional with the intention of them having an exhibition boxing match.

They're allowed to run their mouth off too much. Boxing is probably the worst sport in that regard. Unfortunately they can get away with it because much of their audience are casual fans who don't know shit about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
            I'll paypal you $1000 if you can give me a concrete link to that bullshit story
            Why does it matter or anger you so much if true?

Look, its been widely reported by those in the boxing industry that Oscar bailed Floyd out of his tax problem back in 09. Why else would Floyd let Oscar pimp him for the next 5yrs?

http://www.accountingweb.com/aa/law-...-with-tax-woes

Boxer Floyd Mayweather earned $10 million, plus pay-per-view percentages, when he fought Juan Manuel Marquez, and turned most of it over to the IRS to pay back tax obligations. Per an agreement between the IRS and Mayweather, the tax agency was supposed to have filed a levy with the Nevada Athletic Commission for $5.6 million ($4.7 million in back payment, plus penalties) on income earned in 2007. The levy was never applied because payment was made in full before Mayweather stepped into the ring. Details about the payment are skimpy, but Mayweather’s tax attorney, Jeffrey Morse told reporters, “He does not owe a dime to the IRS.”

Morse refuted the rumor that is circulating which suggests the tax bill was paid by Oscar de la Hoya, leaving Mayweather indebted to de la Hoya instead of the IRS.

Of course Floyd's lawyer is going to refute it...
            Last edited by Deevel916; 01-26-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              Why does it matter or anger you so much if true?

Look, its been widely reported by those in the boxing industry that Oscar bailed Floyd out of his tax problem back in 09. Why else would Floyd let Oscar pimp him for the next 5yrs?

http://www.accountingweb.com/aa/law-...-with-tax-woes

Boxer Floyd Mayweather earned $10 million, plus pay-per-view percentages, when he fought Juan Manuel Marquez, and turned most of it over to the IRS to pay back tax obligations. Per an agreement between the IRS and Mayweather, the tax agency was supposed to have filed a levy with the Nevada Athletic Commission for $5.6 million ($4.7 million in back payment, plus penalties) on income earned in 2007. The levy was never applied because payment was made in full before Mayweather stepped into the ring. Details about the payment are skimpy, but Mayweather’s tax attorney, Jeffrey Morse told reporters, “He does not owe a dime to the IRS.”

Morse refuted the rumor that is circulating which suggests the tax bill was paid by Oscar de la Hoya, leaving Mayweather indebted to de la Hoya instead of the IRS.

Of course Floyd's lawyer is going to refute it...
              My man, it doesn't anger me. it does bother me that you routinely make it your business to log onto to this website to spew bull**** on a day to day basis. Like, for what? And it's almost always regarding Mayweather. What the hell is your problem? It's like one minute you want to be an objective poster, then the next you turn into spoon or sweethooks. Like bruh, are you ******ed or something? You really just be saying **** like you know wassup in particular fighters lives and camps, or you talking facts and you never are.

Comment

grown men weirdo's , like who raised yall dudes?

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
                  My man, it doesn't anger me. it does bother me that you routinely make it your business to log onto to this website to spew bull**** on a day to day basis. Like, for what? And it's almost always regarding Mayweather. What the hell is your problem? It's like one minute you want to be an objective poster, then the next you turn into spoon or sweethooks. Like bruh, are you ******ed or something? You really just be saying **** like you know wassup in particular fighters lives and camps, or you talking facts and you never are.
                  He said he isn't angry! ^^^ LOL.

You can keep your $1,000. Go buy some jordans with it or something.

Comment

Cant handle J prince but wants to mess around with Khan who is affiliated with Mr Capone-E. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      I've heard the "prince doesn't take no credit" thing before lol I think from arum

Prince isn't somebody you Fuk with. Surprised ward has him around

Being someone no one messes with and being a good person to work with are a good combo if u mean well urself.

Comment

Working...
                      X