UFC 100 - Some classless displays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
    0_0

When has "The South" shown interest in Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling?
    The South is actually very interested in wrestling, thats where almost all the best wrestlers come from in the States.

And, MMA is not greco roman wrestling and i'd almost bet that the majority of MMA fans have no interest in greco roman or freestyle wrestling nor have they ever watched it or even know the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by pugilistfan View Post
      The South is actually very interested in wrestling, thats where almost all the best wrestlers come from in the States. .
      I would think it would be the Midwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Charms View Post
        I would think it would be the Midwest.
        You beat me to it.

The midwest, and especially Iowa, is the heartland of wrestling in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
          You beat me to it.

The midwest, and especially Iowa, is the heartland of wrestling in the US.
          and wisconsin man!!!! i have personally known/know 3 top 5 regional wrestlers.

Comment

Seriously anybody who thinks only "rednecks" watch MMA is downright ignorant. I miss having PRIDE around.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
              and wisconsin man!!!! i have personally known/know 3 top 5 regional wrestlers.
              Yeah, the midwest is all pretty damn tough. I guess I was referring to the college scene. Even then, there are many tough schools from that neck of the woods.

Comment

I remember reading an interview from a midwest fighter (Pat Militech perhaps? Matt Hughes?) where he says essentially, "we don't have ski mountains here. When it snows, we go to a gym and beat each other up."

Comment

Originally posted by mochoso91 View Post
                  UFC is and will be inferior to boxing by any means.. specially in action!
                  LOL. Riiiiiight

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post

Dan Henderson KO's Michael Bisping with 1 punch which reminded me very much of Pac's KO of Hatton. He then followed up with a full body weight elbow while Bisping was down. It didn't seem to bad live, but in the interview afterwards Henderson says something to the effect of "when i knock guys out normally i dont do something like that, but this time i wanted to give him an extra one to shut him up" Are you fking serious?
                  Cry about it. Dan is usually a very classy guy. But Bisping deserved it and things like this happen pretty often.

After Lesnar's win last night, the same kind of tirade. Fingering the crowd, trashing his opponent, etc.
                  Well Lesnar is a classless douche. I won't argue that.

I've never seen something like that in a boxing ring for as long as I've been watching the sport. (Minus that dude that killed Kellerman's brother)
                  This is the biggest load of horse**** ever. There is CONSTANT **** talk between boxers as well as classless displays and rarely is there ever any comradery and respect between opponents that you would see from a Georges St. Pierre or Anderson Silva.

There are always classless toolbags in every sport. Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, Football, Baseball, Boxing, MMA, the Olympics.

Don't make it sound like your sport is so gentlemenly and perfect because it's not.

Comment

Henderson did everthing in the rules. You only stop attacking when the ref stops you, that is brutal i know. There were cases where the guy recovers and gets up. But i have admit that in the post fight interview Henderson should just say that the last blow was to ensure that Brisping is out....but well...

For brock however, it is no excuse..... you should respect your opponent even after you OWNED him. Showing the finger to the fans is not classy

Comment

Originally posted by Pecs View Post
                      Henderson did everthing in the rules. You only stop attacking when the ref stops you, that is brutal i know. There were cases where the guy recovers and gets up. But i have admit that in the post fight interview Henderson should just say that the last blow was to ensure that Brisping is out....but well...

For brock however, it is no excuse..... you should respect your opponent even after you OWNED him. Showing the finger to the fans is not classy
                      Henderson did everything by the book, this is MMA and you can pounce on your opponent when he is down, so there was no foul.

I don't understand why people are holding these MMA guys to a higher standard, I guess I am just used to seeing these guys act like idiots and *******s since I was turned onto MMA thanks to The Ultimate Fighter Series in which in the first series they had lunatics like Chris Leben and so on, these guys would thrash the house, play horrible pranks on each other, so, I don't expect anything from these boys other than to get up there and try to pound the shiet out of each other. Not everyone is like Lesnar or Leben, there will always be a few bad boys out there but I enjoyed Lesnar's antics. The look on MIR's face, priceless.

Comment

Working...
                      X