Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are Bob Arum what fight brings you the most cash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are Bob Arum what fight brings you the most cash?

A.) Have Floyd fight Pacquiao.

B.) Make Pacquiao fight Margarito and Cotto.
    Floyd vs. Pacquiao
    60.00%
    Pacquiao fighting Margarito and Cotto.
    40.00%

Pac vs PBF will most likely make him more money.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
      Pac vs PBF will most likely make him more money.
      Call me crazy but I think he'd make ore by having Cotto and Marg fight Pac.

2 fights to one.

He keeps Pac without a loss to Floyd.

He gets 2 site fees of 25 Million or more form Jerry Jones for having the fights in his stadium.

PPV's

Live Gate

All the money comes back to Arum. Thats why I think were see Pac vs. Marg. Then Pac will fight Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Call me crazy but I think he'd make ore by having Cotto and Marg fight Pac.

2 fights to one.

He keeps Pac without a loss to Floyd.

He gets 2 site fees of 25 Million or more form Jerry Jones for having the fights in his stadium.

PPV's

Live Gate

All the money comes back to Arum. Thats why I think were see Pac vs. Marg. Then Pac will fight Cotto.
        Whoa whoa... lets keep the fight comparison to 1 to 1 (Pac vs Cotto or Pac vs Margs). I see your point and it is definitely a valid one. Arum will most likely get more from a fight being made in Dallas as to one in Vegas for the simple reason of him being the sole promoter if a fight does happen in Dallas.

As far as PPVs you can't expect either Pac fights against Margs or Cotto to be anywhere near Pac/PBF, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Pac/PBF outsold a Pac/Margs and Pac/Cotto fight combined. So PPV revenue wise, Arum should be making a more money in a Pac/PBF fight.

Live gate, of course you expect the Cowboys stadium to outsell any venue in vegas. However, once the closed circuit are tallied I'm sure the numbers might be somewhat comparable.

Comment

You guys really need to check the laws about how this type of **** works. specifically, if a promoter is promoting the two fighters involved in a clash, can the promoter take 25% of EACH of their purses? Again you better check your info and legalities before making assumptions.

Comment

Even though the revenue from Mayweather-Pacquiao would be much higher than the revenue from any other fight, we need to take into consideration that Arum gets it ALL if Pacquiao fights Cotto again and Margarito.

So HYPOTHETICALLY if Mayweather-Pacquiao nets him HALF of $40 million which is $20 million, and each of the other two net him ALL of $15 million for each fight, he'll make $20 million with Mayweather and a total of $30 million with the Margarito and Cotto fights.

So he'll make more having Manny fight Cotto and Margarito, because he won't need to share a penny with another promoter.

He's not stupid, so he won't let Manny fight Floyd. He'll milk Pacquiao for all he can.

Comment

Fights combined with Margarito and Cotto wouldn't add up to what Mayweather-Pacquiao will make him. Cotto and Margarito PPVs combined would not top Mayweather-Pacquiao PPV. 27% of Pacquiao's earnings for a Mayweather fight would make Arum more than 27%+27% of what Pacquiao would make fighting Margarito and Cotto. I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
                Fights combined with Margarito and Cotto wouldn't add up to what Mayweather-Pacquiao will make him. Cotto and Margarito PPVs combined would not top Mayweather-Pacquiao PPV. 27% of Pacquiao's earnings for a Mayweather fight would make Arum more than 27%+27% with what Pacquiao would fighting Margarito and Cotto. I believe.
                Mathematically speaking, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                  Even though the revenue from Mayweather-Pacquiao would be much higher than the revenue from any other fight, we need to take into consideration that Arum gets it ALL if Pacquiao fights Cotto again and Margarito.

So HYPOTHETICALLY if Mayweather-Pacquiao nets him HALF of $40 million which is $20 million, and each of the other two net him ALL of $15 million for each fight, he'll make $20 million with Mayweather and a total of $30 million with the Margarito and Cotto fights.

So he'll make more having Manny fight Cotto and Margarito, because he won't need to share a penny with another promoter.

He's not stupid, so he won't let Manny fight Floyd. He'll milk Pacquiao for all he can.
                  The PPV numbers have to count as well. Imagine Pacquiao vs Mayweather sells over 2million PPVs which is very possible. That's a lot of money. Not to mention the ticket prices will cost an arm for Mayweather-Pacquiao while ticket prices for Cotto and Margarito will be affordable for the Hispanic crowd. Not for Pacquiao-Mayweather, it's going to cost a lot. So you take in consideration PPV numbers and gate revenue for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight...think about it, it will blow away both Margarito and Cotto fights combined, and then some. Arum knows this, that is why he is so hesitant in giving up on the fight.

Comment

Of course Floyd vs Manny...#s being thrown around are what....$40 mili for each fighter AT LEAST!

So that's 10.8 mili for Bob right there....

Take a remtach with Cotto (Manny makes $15mili) and a Margarito fight ($15-$20 mili) and that would still only = $35 mili tops (my estimation) after Uncle Bob's cut...that would give him 9.45 mili.....

What's the saying....men lie....#s don't?

Comment

Working...
                    X