Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner Will Pull Out Of Maidana II - Signing As Favor To GBP To Free Up Khan-Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post

Was there really a rematch clause?
    Rematch clauses are usually standard when a champion takes on a fighter who is not their mandatory challenger so yes I'd assume there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Tin foil hats must be on a discount this week
      LMAO, "but they won't be able to read my thoughts this way"

Comment

Hitman932 that is the dumbest theory I've heard, also so baseless.

Broner is going to fight Maidana again, and Khan is going to fight Mayweather. They already have numbers forecasted for Floyd-Khan, and it's MUCH MUCH higher than Floyd-Maidana.

Khan has far more fans than Maidana, why is that so hard for some of you to understand? 6 guys sitting in their moms basement saying they'd prefer Maidana over Khan doesn't mean $h!t. NSB doesn't determine anything.

Comment

I don't see how Broner is ******ed for wanting to avenge his loss; no matter how it it spun he lost cleanily but he was not utterly dominated where its was 119-106 decision. I can see it as the co-main event to Floyd vs Khan with Mares vs Gonzalez 2 also on the undercard.

Comment

The fact is Khan Floyd will do just fine and it's only racist/religious haters that can't see it will be a fun fight to watch.

It's also only the morons who bought into the Broner hype that think Beating him is any sort of decent win and that Maidana would win a round against Floyd.

Comment

because their guy lost. gbp is pushing danny and broner because they are or at least were undefeated. not the argentine sluggers

Comment

No true boxing fans want to see Floyd vs Maidana, only the casual fans who don't really know much about the sport. Real fans are well aware that Maidana would be an easier fight than Canelo and Guerrero combined whereas Khan at least offers an interesting stylistic twist as a Mayweather opponent. Maidana is an overly simplistic fight for Floyd and not to mention Khan already beat him anyway.

So the truth is that all knowledgeable boxing fans are firmly against a Maidana fight, it only appeals to the casual fans who don't have even a rudimentary understanding of the sport. I guess it's a good way to gauge how well you know boxing - if you want to watch that fight you don't know much about boxing. I've reached a conclusion that it's the people who believed Broner was the next Floyd without actually thinking about it and analyzing their styles for themselves. Broner has never been anywhere near Floyd's level, he doesn't possess anything close to his skillset, his smarts and his dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  No true boxing fans want to see Floyd vs Maidana, only the casual fans who don't really know much about the sport. Real fans are well aware that Maidana would be an easier fight than Canelo and Guerrero combined whereas Khan at least offers an interesting stylistic twist as a Mayweather opponent. Maidana is an overly simplistic fight for Floyd and not to mention Khan already beat him anyway.

So the truth is that all knowledgeable boxing fans are firmly against a Maidana fight, it only appeals to the casual fans who don't have even a rudimentary understanding of the sport. I guess it's a good way to gauge how well you know boxing - if you want to watch that fight you don't know much about boxing. I've reached a conclusion that it's the people who believed Broner was the next Floyd without actually thinking about it and analyzing their styles for themselves. Broner has never been anywhere near Floyd's level, he doesn't possess anything close to his skillset, his smarts and his dedication.
                  Causals pay $70 for fight without complaining hardcore boxing fans find every excuse to stream a fight. Most fights are sold to the so call casual fan. But but both would sell decent enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    Causals pay $70 for fight without complaining hardcore boxing fans find every excuse to stream a fight. Most fights are sold to the so call casual fan. But but both would sell decent enough.
                    You have a HUGE affluent Muslim community in America and UK to an extent, that will pay to see Khan fight.

More people will watch Khan fight than Maidana. Period. This is not my opinion, this is not my choice. This is a fact. This is reality. This is borne from the numbers they pull INTERNATIONALLY.

Khan is also a household name in one of the BIGGEST economies in the world, Great Britain. An economy where people spend ALOT of money. Maidana is not a household name in any significant market.

You think Showtime will approve the fight that makes less money or more money? If reports are to be believed it's GB and Showtime that were the most keen of all parties, on making Floyd - Khan.

Comment

Ha...clever theory but in no way Floyd would fight maidana even though it's 20 times better than a khan fight. Floyd was gonna fight khan no matter what the broner maidana outcome was. Floyd and khan was probably arranged way before canelo that's why khan hasn't fought in a year. He don't want to ruin a big payday like he did against Peterson.

Comment

Working...
                      X